Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was That the worst miss you have ever seen?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ball is squared...3 feet out, no keeper to be seen...scuffs it and it dribbles against the post and along the goal line.

Summed up a pathetic game played by two appalling teams.

BTW. I was booing when best went off, but Booing houghton, as he should have kept best on to play with headless chicken and taken Calderon off. Soon as CMS came on, we started hoofing the ball in the air to him and the Center half thought Christmas had come early. At least best won one or two in the air.

Houghton rea it wrong tonight....and that is a very worrying sign.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Ball is squared...3 feet out, no keeper to be seen...scuffs it and it dribbles against the post and along the goal line.

Summed up a pathetic game played by two appalling teams.

BTW. I was booing when best went off, but Booing houghton, as he should have kept best on to play with headless chicken and taken Calderon off. Soon as CMS came on, we started hoofing the ball in the air to him and the Center half thought Christmas had come early. At least best won one or two in the air.

Houghton rea it wrong tonight....and that is a very worrying sign.

Wasn't the worse miss I have seen, it was shocking though.
What's worrying from us is that when we did push forward in the last fifteen minutes or so, we were all over the place defensively.
If I was rebuilding this squad, I wouldn't know where to start.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fantastic lay-off even though he missed

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
There was a worse one earlier in the season at the Amex, but I can't remember who it was...comedy gold though!

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
There was a worse one earlier in the season at the Amex, but I can't remember who it was...comedy gold though!

Brentford. Fell over the ball a yard out having rounded the keeper.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
El-Abd missed a really bad one at Withers.

Orlandi missed some bad ones aslo

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Marlon Harewood for West ham against us at the Withdean.

1 yard out from goal, free header, goal keeper no where to be seen, last minute. Harewood tries an over head kick instead of an easy header and completely misses the ball.

I think we won the match too.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I remember a shocking miss by Teddy Maybank against Luton (I think). It must be nearly 40 years ago now but it still haunts me how bad it was

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
How can this be the worst miss ever given that it was 6 yards out. I woll go for Alan Biley away at Grimsby virtually on the goal line and the ball goes over the bar. Placed just above El-Abd who had a similar miss at Withdean on the basis that he was a striker

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here