Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orlandi's contract extended

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Good news for one of our ex-good guys:

Andrea Orlandi: Blackpool extend midfielder's contract

Relegated Blackpool have taken up the option of a one-year extension with midfielder Andrea Orlandi, who will stay until the summer of 2016.
The 30-year-old Spaniard moved to the Seasiders last August and has scored three times in 27 appearances.
The former Brighton and Swansea man began his career at Spanish side Alavés and also had a short spell at the Barcelona reserve team.
Orlandi joins the Seasiders in League One next year after their relegation

I was really disappointed that we didn't re-sign him for this season, although I'm not entirely convinced he's the type of player that we need to sign during the summer. I hope he tears L1 defence's apart.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Relegated Blackpool have taken up the option of a one-year extension with midfielder Andrea Orlandi, who will stay until the summer of 2016.
The 30-year-old Spaniard moved to the Seasiders last August and has scored three times in 27 appearances.
The former Brighton and Swansea man began his career at Spanish side Alavés and also had a short spell at the Barcelona reserve team.

I was really disappointed that we didn't re-sign him for this season, although I'm not entirely convinced he's the type of player that we need to sign during the summer. I hope he tears L1 defence's apart.
Poor man, another year playing for Blackpool. I wonder what he did to deserve that fate!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

I was also quite sad to see him go, but his constant niggling injury problems made it a natural decision sadly. I seem to recall that was also the reason that Swansea were happy to let him come to us. Looking at the number of games he's played this year, I presume he has been injured for some of this season too?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I was also quite sad to see him go, but his constant niggling injury problems made it a natural decision sadly. I seem to recall that was also the reason that Swansea were happy to let him come to us. Looking at the number of games he's played this year, I presume he has been injured for some of this season too?

If we knew that we'd have got 27 games out of him this season, I think we would have re-signed him. I'm not so sure that he's been injured for long this season. Note that they've also got O'Hara in their squad (for reports, see [MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION]'s Grandad), who is quite a similar player, and Blackpool's pitch doesn't exactly lend itself to creative players like Orlandi.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Just one more years contract, and he'll have got to play in all 4 divisions then!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don't think that Orlandi is that good to be honest. I'd rather we had players that you could reasonably expect to be available for 75-80% of games as a minimum.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I don't think that Orlandi is that good to be honest. I'd rather we had players that you could reasonably expect to be available for 75-80% of games as a minimum.

We would have done, if Orlandi's blog is to be believed. Our club doctor misdiagnosed his injury which cost him more than three months, was his claim.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Apparently about a month ago he was training with BHA. The club did not want him so he signed an extension with Blackpool.
This doesn't sound credible given that he's been playing for Blackpool all season. Why would he come all the way here to train with a different team than the one he was going to be playing for a few days later?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here