Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you going to the Amex tonight

Are you going to the Amex tonight

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As we come to the end of the season can you be bothered?

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
CBA. Not going to Wigan Saturday either even though it's round the corner for me...........AND I've just cancelled my subscription to Seagulls World. Can't see me sponsoring a player's kit next season either.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I have to congratulate [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] on some fine thread management.

Initial thread created without a poll
Typo in the thread title
Multiple typos in the poll options

This is what NSC is all about, TOP EFFORT :thumbsup:

STH and yes by the way.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It had quite escaped my attention that we were even playing tonight. It's certainly not just the self-induced Albion ennui outlined at length by many people on here - I simply can't justify 70 quid for two tickets at the moment, no matter what level of crap gets served up on the pitch as a part of the match day experience.

So now I've said that we will of course win 4-0. SEAGULLS SEAGULLS

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'll go but it's unlikely to be with any enthusiasm... Roll on a welcome summer break and an exciting 2015/16 season.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yes. Really looking forward to it. On the train from Eastbourne with what will be a happy band of me, three mates from work (two non-STH) and one of their sons.

What am I looking forward to?

A couple of cans on the train.
Arriving at Falmer and the excitement of joining the crowd of people back at The Amex (after my home it is just about my favourite place to be)
The walk up the slope and feeling "proud" of the stadium and surrounds. I like stuff like the band and the AITC football going on outside - also the newer food and drink outlets. I keep an eye out for away fans and, depending a bit on who they are, wonder about what they make of it all...
Entry to WSU. The sense of ownership that comes from my STH and knowing that I "belong" here and am entitled to enter the cathedral.
Getting to the top of the stairs.
Taking my seat around 7.15pm - meeting my brother/nephew(s)/friends there - watching our players warming up and the ground slowly filling (OK, that pleasure may be a bit restricted tonight...)
Fanzone and the pre-match pantomime (all a bit tongue in cheek)
Sussex by the Sea (hopefully done properly and with pride)
The Main Event - The Match. All the usual features present. Hopeful that it will be a "good one" and a win. Desperate for all the Albion players to do well (and temporarily silence the critics). Excited when certain players (fairly obvious which ones) get the ball. etc etc etc
A pie and a pint or two.
Clapping the players off.
Time in the concourse and a leisurely wending of the way home.

Can't wait...!!

AL-BION, AL-BION

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes i am because i'm a season ticket holder and a Brighton fan.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Yes because I'm a season ticket holder and also because no matter what has happened this season in terms of performances we need to support the team to help them as the 12th man to get a positive result tonight.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
In London, off work (duvet day) and despite the sunshine I just don't know if I will.

Yes I know bad fan etc but it's really quite difficult atm to find that get up and go vim.

I have staunchly supported CH since his appointment and really hope he is backed in the summer to have a clear out and then we go for it but the last few games of trying not to lose rather than win are grinding me down. Safety first and all that when we're perilously close to relegation but still we could have a bit more of a go couldn't we?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I can't wait. It's what being a fan is all about isn't it. Your team battling to secure the last few points to ensure survival. Last ditch defending, clueless attacking and fans desperation whilst we somehow manage to eke out a goalless draw. All over it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have to congratulate [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] on some fine thread management.

Initial thread created without a poll
Typo in the thread title
Multiple typos in the poll options

This is what NSC is all about, TOP EFFORT :thumbsup:

STH and yes by the way.

Thanks and my only excuse is bad and hanging internet connection whilst waiting on the phone and trying to do it at speed. Failure all around I guess.

Anyway Paul Barber will be pleased with the various comments about being a Brighton fan so of course most are going regardless of the fact that they are unlikely to get see more than one shot on target and will probably come away frustrated and angry:smile: ( cue our best result of the season!)

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Yes, definitely will be there.. hoping someone glued a transistor radio listening for scores that prompt scattered cheers, that build into a crescendo of "We are Staying Up, said We are Staying Up!"
What would be the best score from The New Den tonight? 0-0 draw?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No, but due to saving for holiday rather than lack of bothered-ness.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Given this may be my last home game before heading off to Uni, absolutely bloody YES!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Yes, because Brighton is my team.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here