Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HUGHTON ON: HUDDERSFIELD

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

At his pre-match press conference, Chris Hughton delivered the latest team news, spoke about having Gordon Greer available for selection again, Huddersfield’s progress under Chris Powell and the need to be more clinical in front of goal.
kayal-ld229-2397759.jpg

Team news: “We’re looking okay. The only one we’ll wait on is Beram [Kayal]. He’s certainly better now and we’ll give him every opportunity to be fit for the game. That’s the only one we’re waiting on.”
greer-l229-2078516.jpg

Having Gordon Greer back: “He’s a big player for the team and the squad; he’s our captain and has been at this club for a long time.
“It’s good to have him back, but we have good competition at the moment and irrespective of some recent results, the performances have been good.
“There isn’t anybody in the side that gets an automatic start. We have players in good form at the moment and I’ll pick a team around what is the right formula and the right team that can get a result.
“From what I saw from the game on Friday, there was enough quality and leaders in that team to get a result on the night.

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The test from Huddersfield:* “They are a team in good form and will come to the Amex in confident mood because they’re on the back of a couple of wins.“Chris Powell has done a very good job there. I don’t know what his remit was when he went into the job, but I would imagine that he would have wanted to put his own stamp on the team ahead of next season.
“At this moment in time, he has done that. For many teams in this league they are trying to do as well as they can this season before looking too far ahead.* But I would imagine he’s achieved what he wanted to in this campaign and he’ll be very much looking forward next season.”

Scoring more goals: “It’s maybe a question of perhaps making some wrong choices in that final third in front of goal, and lacking a bit of guile and quality in certain periods of games.
“It could be down to a lack of confidence, but whatever it is, we haven’t been able to get the goals that we wanted.
“It’s something that we’re very conscious of, but I’d be more concerned if our performances were poor. I certainly believe if we’re able to play anywhere like we did three days ago at the Amex, then we have every chance of winning games.
“Playing two upfront is not always the right formula to getting the goals you want because what you have to do is get into those areas first. Our build-up play off the front was very good on Friday, it is just about getting the right formula on the day.
"We are conscious that our work in the final third has to have an end product. A goal would alleviate that little bit of pressure and once we get that, then we’ll move on from there.”

[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD*
[/h]TUESDAY 14TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V WATFORD*
[/h]SATURDAY 25TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.15PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here