Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - Capital One Credit Card Stopping Cashback on 31st May - any alternatives?

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Got the letter today - anyone got any recommendations for alternatives?

I pay off the balance every month as I use it mainly for work travel expenses and spend between £300 and £600 per month.

Thanks.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
An EU regulation was passed in Brussels last month which means from October all providers of cashback credit cards will be in the same position.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
An EU regulation was passed in Brussels last month which means from October all providers of cashback credit cards will be in the same position.

Will that EU Reg have the same effect on credit card company profitability on their balance transfer offers as seems ludicrous those paying off their debts will get hit but not those who don't?

Always thought American Express was closest comparable to the Capital One cashback card so will prob switch to them till the inevitable you suggest will happen.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Thanks.

On the American Express point I note the article says:

"The price cap will not apply to so-called three-party card schemes, such as Diners and American Express, which involve only one bank. Commercial cards used only for business expenses will also be exempt from the new price cap."

Therefore looks like American Express is the best option (presuming they are still doing their cashback deal).

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Thanks.

On the American Express point I note the article says:

"The price cap will not apply to so-called three-party card schemes, such as Diners and American Express, which involve only one bank. Commercial cards used only for business expenses will also be exempt from the new price cap."

Therefore looks like American Express is the best option (presuming they are still doing their cashback deal).

Yep, this.

It's doesn't apply to American Express and Diners card specifically issued by those providers. As the majority of other credit cards are either Visa or Mastercard, I imagine the new regulations are designed to tackle that near monopoly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here