Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the championship more exciting than the premier league?

Apr 12, 2015
This season I think it has. The race for promotion at the top has been brilliant, with some great football being played. Just a shame we haven't been up there.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To me, it's more exciting than the PL because we're in it. League 1 was pretty exciting when we were in it, and I didn't give a toss about the Championship. I'm still hoping that one day I'll get excited about the top division again.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It alll depends on where your team are.
I think Conference South is pretty exciting with Whitehawk in the play offs. If they win it would get them into the Conference itself and playing teams like Grimsby, Bristol Rovers, Barnet and other ex league teams.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
For me it's wherever the Albion are that defines my level of excitement.

From an attempted neutral standpoint, the Championship is probably the more exciting/competitive but when everything aligns in the PL the quality of matches/play involved far outstrips it, which probably isn't all that surprising.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
No No No... It would be for me more exciting seeing us beaten by Man City than Norwich.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Maybe I'm a bit bias because Albion are in the championship but I had both match of the day and FL recorded and I consciously chose FL show first because thought id rather watch exciting teams like Norwich than a Stoke or Swansea!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Yes, most teams in the PL are fighting for 17th place and safety and may go the whole season with around 7 wins and hope to survive and that is seen as a good season. The same few teams at the top fight it out for the title and for European places (the money from which help keep them well ahead of the rest of the field)

The Championship shows that the unexpected can happen, shock results, shock promotions (Burnley, Barnsley, Blackpool) and shock relegations (Man City, Wolves....) and there are more teams that are fairly equally matched where games can go either way (been going against us this season and hopefully for us next) and the result isn't a foregone conclusion, making it a very hard league to predict and bet on successfully. - You also get more matches in a season.

I'm happy to watch the Albion in the Championship and don't feel that the need for PL football that some fans are demanding is that important to my continued support, if we go up, then brilliant, but i won't be that disappointed if we end up never getting to the top flight againand i am happy to support the Albion whilst in the lower leagues (that pretty much want all Brighton fans have done in our clubs history upto now after all (bar just 4 seasons))

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here