Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Awful gets elbow from Pompey

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Andy Awford has left his position as Portsmouth manager after a season in charge of the League Two club.

Awford, 42, took over from Richie Barker at the end of last season and helped steer the club to safety.

However, after a mixed season in which Pompey find themselves 14th in League Two, Awford has left by mutual consent.

Assistant manager Gary Waddock has been placed in temporary charge until the end of the season with four games left of the current campaign.

#twats

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bizarre timing. They're not in danger of relegation any more (pity). And have no chance of promotion. Worried about season ticket sales, perhaps.

#twats

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Bizarre timing. They're not in danger of relegation any more (pity). And have no chance of promotion. Worried about season ticket sales, perhaps.

#twats

Coinciding with rumours about Pellegrini going at City? Rumours are he is keen on the Pompey job and "the greatest fans in the known universe" so has been making a mess of the City job so he will be released to Pompey.

#Twats

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Coinciding with rumours about Pellegrini going at City? Rumours are he is keen on the Pompey job and "the greatest fans in the known universe" so has been making a mess of the City job so he will be released to Pompey.

#Twats

Extremely likely, I should think.

Now I've thought about it more, I can't believe I even questioned their season ticket sales, for they are, after all, The Greatest Fans In The World. What an error on my part! I should imagine the Fratton Park season ticket waiting list is longer than the one to join the MCC, or to put your child down for Eton. You have to feel for the thousands locked out every game, sat, forlornly on Southsea Common, listening to BBC Radio Solent on their transistor radios.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
#twats

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
'Arry Redknapp is available. Surely the ideal manager to run such a massive club. What could go wrong?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Andy Awford has left his position as Portsmouth manager after a season in charge of the League Two club.

Awford, 42, took over from Richie Barker at the end of last season and helped steer the club to safety.

However, after a mixed season in which Pompey find themselves 14th in League Two, Awford has left by mutual consent.

Assistant manager Gary Waddock has been placed in temporary charge until the end of the season with four games left of the current campaign.

#twats
They couldn't really awford to keep him

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
'Arry Redknapp is available. Surely the ideal manager to run such a massive club. What could go wrong?

Nothing can go wrong. Its time for the prodigal son to return back to his spiritual home in order to finish the job. Arry is pictured this morning outside the gates of Fratton Park with his new financial backers who have much wealth stashed in the Bank of Monaco.

article-2091085-116C8AF2000005DC-886_634x677.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

A match made in heaven

#twats
#****

*edit* how come i can say twats plural but not **** singular ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They just don't learn do they?

You'd think they've strive for some stability, continuity and build slowly and securely for the future. True, they may have had some tough times this year, and like us fans can get a bit grumpy, but they've recovered incredible well and Awford appears to have the team behind him, bringing some useful youngsters through.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Thirteen posts, and Bens Grandad hasn't been on to recommend snapping up young Jed Wallace while they're in disarray

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
"It's the most wonderful job in the world, they are the most magnificent supporters. I'd do it in a heartbeat, that is well known, it's something I've always wanted to do. I wish I could get it out of my system."

#tw@t

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"It's the most wonderful job in the world, they are the most magnificent supporters. I'd do it in a heartbeat, that is well known, it's something I've always wanted to do. I wish I could get it out of my system."

#tw@t

Another "last job in football, for sure" coming right up!

Brace yourself, bankers of Monaco (and charities, schools & small businesses in the South Hampshire area).

#TWATS

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Another "last job in football, for sure" coming right up!

Brace yourself, bankers of Monaco (and charities, schools & small businesses in the South Hampshire area).

#TWATS

It's not actually who you thought .... it's a quote from Steve Claridge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here