Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham fielded an ineligible player against Albion

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Football League has charged Rotherham United with fielding an ineligible player (Farrend Rawson) in the club's Sky Bet Championship match with Brighton & Hove Albion on Monday, April 6, which the Millers won 1-0.

The matter will be heard by a Football Disciplinary Commission which will take place at the earliest possible opportunity to ensure that it reaches its conclusion before the end of the current season.

Source: http://www.football-league.co.uk/ne...eague-statement-rotherham-united-2397427.aspx

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
As Gus said when Hartlepool did it against us, we should really be awarded the 3 points but unfortunately the football league would never do that.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Rotherham are keeping schtum until the case has been heard.

Going from previous cases I expect they'll get a points deduction, we, as the victims of the crime, will not get anything.

(though to be fair Rotherham being deducted points would be useful! )

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I have just emailed Rotherham FC asking for a refund for my match ticket, transport costs, pie and pints. If not, I shall ask TB.

Luckily we don't need the points, would have been interesting if we did.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Rotherham should see those 3 points gone then, as well as a nice little fine. Does seem weird that they don't just award the 3 points the other way mind.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Looks like the player signed a 28 day youth loan from Derby and it expired before they played us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That was good of them.

They should really lose the 3 points.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Did this player have a significant effect on the outcome of the game?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This will be the teenager who played at centre half for them then. Who had a lovely easy afternoon at the hands of our powder-puff strike "force".

As TLO says, it may not be an entirely good thing if it gives Millwall & Rotherham sudden hope of catching anyone.

Poor Steve Evans...I imagine this is the first time in his life he's ever fallen foul of the Football League authorities & regulations...right? :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here