Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal is injury worry for Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
3672497.jpg

Kayal goes down against Bournemouth

First published in Albion
ALBION are sweating on Beram Kayal’s fitness for Huddersfield’s visit tomorrow night.
The Israeli midfielder was forced off by a back injury during Friday’s 2-0 home defeat by table-toppers Bournemouth.
Kayal had forged an effective partnership with Dale Stephens before he went off.
Bournemouth broke the deadlock minutes later with a free-kick from Yann Kermorgant conceded in an area of the pitch Kayal had been patrolling.
Boss Chris Hughton said: “It was a real blow. I thought the relationship between Beral and Dale was very good. If I looked at their two midfield players (Harry Arter and Andrew Surman) and our two I thought our two were the better.
“Did it disrupt us a little bit? Yes I think it did. It’s a back spasm. He was struggling to run.”

Gordon Greer is available after a two-match ban to boost the defensive options against Huddersfield with Albion seeking a first clean sheet in four games.Hughton said: “It’s a plus. He is our captain and he is a big part of what the club has been about in the last few seasons. It’s certainly good to have him back involved.”

Send us your news, pictures and videos

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here