Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seaford Pubs

SAC

May 21, 2014
I read the first sentence and was just about to reply with a couple of recommendations but read your second and see that you are a bit picky and don't want too many psychopaths.

Good luck with that one.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Old Plough is OK, can't guarantee a lack of psychopaths though.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Blimey ... the Mrs and I were planning on retiring down there next year. Maybe I need to reconsider

(psycho's not pubs!!)

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
The Wellington always used to be reasonable.

Edit - 'The Welly' is in this year's Good Beer Guide so it must still be a good bet.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Seaford is weirdly lacking in decent pubs. The Wellington is probably the pick of them ... airy atmosphere, decent beers generally available, quite friendly. Can't say I really like any of the others, sadly.

If you ever want to venture a little further into the sticks, the Plough & Harrow at Litlington is very nice. Avoid the Cuckmere Inn/Golden Galleon though.

Seaford is weirdly lacking in decent pubs. The Wellington is probably the pick of them ... airy atmosphere, decent beers generally available, quite friendly. Can't say I really like any of the others, sadly.

If you ever want to venture a little further into the sticks, the Plough & Harrow at Litlington is very nice. Avoid the Cuckmere Inn/Golden Galleon though.

Plough and harrow nice food and dog friendly and handy for the sdw:thumbsup:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm getting the impression is the best advice is go to Lewes and get the last train home?

Given the amount of pubs there are in Lewes I've always found it very disappointing pub wise especially for beer. I appreciate it's the home of Harveys but I would have thought there would be a bit more variety.

Snowdrop is good and the Elephant & Castle quite often has some decent beer on. The Gardeners is ok but can be a pain to get served and if it's busy a pain given its size.

Can't help with Seaford though last time I went for the drink there I was still at school.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Is there a decent real ale pub in Seaford?

Preferably one without too many resident psychopaths and within 10 minutes walk of the train station.

The Old Plough is fine, I went in there after the Birmingham home match and definitely no sign of any psychopaths, this is Seaford we are talking about not some dodgy estate in Glasgow :rolleyes:

There is also The Office Bar which sells Harveys, it's not the sort of place that attracts youngsters and its fine for a quiet pint.
I've done some work for the owner in there and never seen any trouble, I've also been in there to drink and always found it friendly.
Ignore anyone that says its a gay bar, it isn't.

I've not been in the Wellington but i haven't heard anything bad about the place.

The Old Boot is a nice pub but pretty busy on Friday and Saturday nights, and the bar is far too small for a large pub.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Given the amount of pubs there are in Lewes I've always found it very disappointing pub wise especially for beer. I appreciate it's the home of Harveys but I would have thought there would be a bit more variety.

Snowdrop is good and the Elephant & Castle quite often has some decent beer on. The Gardeners is ok but can be a pain to get served and if it's busy a pain given its size.

Can't help with Seaford though last time I went for the drink there I was still at school.

Have you been in the Lewes Arms?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Have you been in the Lewes Arms?

I have. Fullers House now isn't it? Went in there a few months ago and wasn't blown away with what they had on but that may well be because I work in London and have 4 Fullers pub within a pitch and a putt of my office.

Do they have many guest beers on (aside from Harveys.....I assume they haven't been brave enough to take that off given what went on)?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have. Fullers House now isn't it? Went in there a few months ago and wasn't blown away with what they had on but that may well be because I work in London and have 4 Fullers pub within a pitch and a putt of my office.

Do they have many guest beers on (aside from Harveys.....I assume they haven't been brave enough to take that off given what went on)?

I'm not a regular in that pub, but I like to visit when I go out in Lewes as I like Fullers, can't remember much about my last visit as we started drinking very early and that was the last pub we visited, so Im not sure about the guest beers.

Compared to the pubs in Newhaven it's a treat for me having a few pints in Lewes.

Jan 30, 2008
I'm not a regular in that pub, but I like to visit when I go out in Lewes as I like Fullers, can't remember much about my last visit as we started drinking very early and that was the last pub we visited, so Im not sure about the guest beers.

Compared to the pubs in Newhaven it's a treat for me having a few pints in Lewes.
i find Lewes to be way to middle class these days .if you're looking for an honest pub it's down in LANDPORT, the tally ho :wink: back bar of the Brewers no to bad, THE RIGHTS OF MAN :rolleyes: Lamb and the volunteer :shrug:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here