Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
marrs-l229-2396278_478x359.jpg

James Marrs
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
20:07 12th April 2015
by James Hilsum
I thought that some of the football we played in the first half was really good and impressive to see."
James Marrs

Brighton & Hove Albion women's manager James Marrs praised his players for the quality of their football in today’s 4-1 win over Plymouth Argyle at the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre.The Seagulls strengthened their challenge for the title by recovering from a goal down to claim all three points and Marrs was delighted with side’s movement on the ball.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I thought that some of the football we played in the first half was really good and impressive to see. In the second half we were a little bit more clinical to score the goals we needed.
“At half time, I told the players to keep playing and repeat what we had done in the first half. We were getting around their final third, but were not taking enough shots on goal.
"We managed to do that in the second half and got some nice finishes with the goals we scored. It keeps this good run of form going, which is very pleasing.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The win was Albion's fourth league victory in a row and keeps the side two points clear at the top of the table, but Marrs is refusing to look too far ahead with four games still left to play.“We’re taking it one game at a time and we’ll keep working hard in each game. We’re only focusing on ourselves and as long as we’re competing in each game then I’ll be happy with that.
"Each week and each game is different; we’ll enjoy that win today, erase it from our memory tomorrow and move forwards to our preparations on Tuesday ahead of Tottenham next Sunday.”
The Albion boss also revealed that Charlotte Owen was taken off as a precaution in the second half following a collision and will be fine for next Sunday.
“She took a knock to her knee after clashing with their defender and had a heavy landing, but she will be okay.”
[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD
[/h]TUESDAY 14TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V WATFORD
[/h]SATURDAY 25TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.15PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here