Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you sign (CHAMPIONSHIP or LOWER LEAGUES only)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Similar to the 'Who would you keep' thread, given our apparent finances, who would you sign.

Has to be championship or lower. Of course having posed the question, I don't know that many players these days, so can only suggest a few that I have seen on TV, that have caught my eye.....

Odubajo - Brentford -
Bidwell - Brentford - ?CB
Halford - free - CB / utility
Dack - Gillingham - creative midfielder
Kyle Bennett - Doncaster
Bradshaw - Walsall

Leaves us needing a lump of a forward (Matt Smith at Fulham) and a left back who can actually defend.

Will they be any better? Who knows, but this season has been dire on so many fronts could they do any worse?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not really mate but I guess that's why he's on loan to us from another championship side. He's ok if our aim is to just to survive every season which I hope is not the case.

Fair enough, I think he's been better than steady so far, and arguably his defending for the second goal Friday was his first real piece of bad play, since he joined us. Even then you could argue that he was effectively sold out by Dunk going walkabout.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Fair enough, I think he's been better than steady so far, and arguably his defending for the second goal Friday was his first real piece of bad play, since he joined us. Even then you could argue that he was effectively sold out by Dunk going walkabout.

He's incredibly versatile and has a throw as well. If the wages are right, an extremely useful man to have around.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Joe Garner....third time lucky anyone?

Good player but I wonder if- Billy Sharp style- he's a bit of a professional Northerner, who's unlikely to sign for- or be all that successful at- any club further south than about Coventry?

May be in the Championship next season anyway if PNE can finally do it. He's not as old as I expected him to be (26 today in fact).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I think the same. Both Greer & Dunk have been well below par lately. I'd argue there's a case for giving Hughes and Halford a go at the back.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Dunk is a disaster of late either he wants away or isn't up to the task which I don't believe.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I would give Joe Garner of Preston a go
Vetokele of Charlton
Carayol if Middlesboro were looking to buy if they went up
Sam Byram of Leeds (right back)
Greg Cunningham of Bristol City (left back but can play left mid too)
Scott Carson of Wigan as I really don't think Stockdale is all that

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think the same. Both Greer & Dunk have been well below par lately. I'd argue there's a case for giving Hughes and Halford a go at the back.
Yes Edna I have know idea why we signed Hughes very experienced and should be playing along side Dunk IMO when Greer is out. He also looked good at right back against Bmouth very strange.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Kenwyne Jones , not sure what sort of contract he is on but really like the look of Jota (Brentford) ,

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Think the below could be worthy additions, would still need to find a left back and a striker who can score:

Chris Gunter (Reading) or James Perch (Wigan) to fill the right back slot.
Jamie Mackie (Forest) as can play on the wing and up front and knows how to play a ball in to the box.
James McClean (Wigan) as also knows how to cross.
Dele Alli (MK Dons) young, creative midfielder though do expect a Prem club to sign him and loan him out to a Championship club.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Think the below could be worthy additions, would still need to find a left back and a striker who can score:

Chris Gunter (Reading) or James Perch (Wigan) to fill the right back slot.
Jamie Mackie (Forest) as can play on the wing and up front and knows how to play a ball in to the box.
James McClean (Wigan) as also knows how to cross.
Dele Alli (MK Dons) young, creative midfielder though do expect a Prem club to sign him and loan him out to a Championship club.

Mackie and McClean are good shouts.

Dele Alli have much bigger fish after his signature though - No chance

reigate

Nov 10, 2005

I thought he had already signed for spurs,and then loaned back?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here