Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sherwood and Villa goals

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Interview on MotD he said that they are scoring because he told the strikers that their job is not to defend, save their energy and use it to hurt the opposition by scoring. Seems to have worked. Should we be saving our forwards from defensive duties?

I know you will all say they couldn't score whatever we do, but that isn't the case, they scored before they came here (at least more often than they are doing now).

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Yes.
Scoring is also a matter of confidence. Lets face it every Brighton striker in the last 10 years - with the exception of Ulloa - has been given shedloads of abuse. Craig Davies, Glenn Murray, Ashley Barnes and every one on loan.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He said Villa would definitely stay up, just confident or cocky

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I can't stand Tim Sherwood, I don't know what it is, he just seems to emit an air of real smugness. Poyet mkII, thinks he's better than he actually is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They were talking about Sherwood and under performing strikers on 5-live, at lunchtime.

The talking heads had boiled Bentek & Adabyor (excuse the lack of effort with the spelling) scoring under Sherwood, as being down to Sherwood's approach to the first 20 minutes of each game.

Basically setting the team up to get the strikers 'into the game' as quickly as possible.
Give them a couple of chances, get them interested, make them feel they'll get further chances.

From then play as normal, but knowing the striker is pepped up and raring to go.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
They were talking about Sherwood and under performing strikers on 5-live, at lunchtime.

The talking heads had boiled Bentek & Adabyor (excuse the lack of effort with the spelling) scoring under Sherwood, as being down to Sherwood's approach to the first 20 minutes of each game.

Basically setting the team up to get the strikers 'into the game' as quickly as possible.
Give them a couple of chances, get them interested, make them feel they'll get further chances.

From then play as normal, but knowing the striker is pepped up and raring to go.

Makes perfect logical sense to me

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here