Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which players would you keep for next season

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Aside from the contracts that some are on and have been given over the course of this season, based on performances, which players would you keep in order for a serious promotion challenge next season.

Bit controversial to some I know but I would get rid of the whole squad with the exception of

Stockdale
Walton
Bruno
Bennett
Dunk
Greer
Kayal
Stephens
Calderon
Ince
March

and possibly Crofts and Baldock

awaits flaming :blush:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Aside from the contracts that some are on and have been given over the course of this season, based on performances, which players would you keep in order for a serious promotion challenge next season.

Bit controversial to some I know but I would get rid of the whole squad with the exception of

Stockdale
Walton
Bruno
Bennett
Dunk
Greer
Kayal
Stephens
Calderon
Crofts
Ince
March

awaits flaming :blush:

Stockdale Agree
Walton Agree
Bruno No chance
Bennett Not ours and not good enough
Dunk Agree
Greer No chance
Kayal Agree
Stephens Agree
Calderon No
Crofts Doubt he'll ever play again
Ince Very much agree
March Maybe

And the rest to go

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Keep-
Walton, Stockdale, Dunk, Stephens, Kayal, Ince, KLL, JFC, March, Baldock and maybe COG, check on Crofts injury.

Get rid-
Greer, Hughes, Chicksen, Holla, McCourt, Maksimenko, Agustein, CMS, Bruno.

Can't decide on Calderon either way.

We need, 2 left backs, 2 right backs, at least 1 centre back, 2 wingers and 2 strikers IMO.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Get rid-
Greer, Hughes, Chicksen, Holla, McCourt, Maksimenko, Agustein, CMS, Bruno.

But haven't we just given new contracts for next year to Greer and Bruno? Don't know how much Hughes is on, but he's got a decent CV, and may be a good choice for a fourth choice CB - if he's reasonably cheap. Unless you think Rea is ready to be risked. Agree with the rest though, and would consider adding COG and KLL.

We need, 2 left backs, 2 right backs, at least 1 centre back, 2 wingers and 2 strikers IMO.
Even with a clear out of the out of contracts, can't see us buying nine new players of good Championship standard.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
But haven't we just given new contracts for next year to Greer and Bruno? Don't know how much Hughes is on, but he's got a decent CV, and may be a good choice for a fourth choice CB - if he's reasonably cheap. Unless you think Rea is ready to be risked. Agree with the rest though, and would consider adding COG and KLL.
They were just my personal preferences of players, and yes I believe you're correct about Bruno and Greer's contracts. I've always liked Hughes but our managers seem reluctant to play him so I don't there's much point keeping him around.

Even with a clear out of the out of contracts, can't see us buying nine new players of good Championship standard.

Me neither, sadly. Sub standard signings ahoy!

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Why not... get rid and play the development squad. Sounds good tactical sense... NOT !!! Really this is a bit like the failings of the recruitment team. Let's get somebody in before we let go please. Make sure we have quality playing for us first. I am far more interested in getting in than letting go. Also if we let go first the sellers' prices will go up.

If we could actually score a goal or more a game the occasional slip by a hard pressed defence would not be so critical. A DECENT STRIKER (or two). That is what we need.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Stockdale Agree
Walton Agree
Bruno No chance
Bennett Not ours and not good enough
Dunk Agree
Greer No chance
Kayal Agree
Stephens Agree
Calderon No
Crofts Doubt he'll ever play again
Ince Very much agree
March Maybe

And the rest to go

In the next 2 year period, I think they will all be gone except Ince, Kayal and Stephens and perhaps Dunk, although I would get rid of him to help fund the rebuilding job. And he will set about reducing the age of the squad

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bruno and Greer, we don't have a choice as both as highlighted above have signed extensions.

Stockdale - keep
Walton - keep
Casper - release
Bruno - keep (1 more year)
Bennett - don't buy, let him return to parent club
Chicksen - release
Greer - transfer list/keep
Dunk - Sell - hopefully someone will cough up £1m
Halford - try and sign
Hughes - release
Maksimenko - release
Calderon - release (though I'm a little bit fence, due to his positive attitude).
Agustein - release
JFC - keep and loan out
Kayal - keep
Rea - keep
Holla - keep/cover
Ince - keep and sign to long term contract
Stephens - keep
Crofts - keep - and give a chance to get fit
Texeirra - let him return to parent club
McCourt - release
KLL - keep
March - keep for now, unless ridiculous bid.
Carayol - let him return to parent club
CMS - release
Baldock - keep
Best - let him return to parent club
O'Grady - sell
Fenelon - release

If we beat Huddersfield, I'd recall Tom Dallinson from Dartford and play him and Glen Rea vs Watford and Middlesboro, I would also call up Charlie Harris to the bench and bring on.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bruno and Greer, we don't have a choice as both as highlighted above have signed extensions.

Stockdale - keep
Walton - keep
Casper - release
Chicksen - release
Halford - try and sign
Hughes - release
Maksimenko - release
Calderon - release (though I'm a little bit fence, due to his positive attitude).
Agustein - release
JFC - keep and loan out
Kayal - keep
Rea - keep
Holla - keep/cover
Stephens - keep
McCourt - release
KLL - keep
CMS - release
Baldock - keep
O'Grady - sell
Fenelon - release

If we beat Huddersfield, I'd recall Tom Dallinson from Dartford and play him and Glen Rea vs Watford and Middlesboro, I would also call up Charlie Harris to the bench and bring on.

Apart from the last sentence (which I can't comment on due to no knowledge), I'd agree with everything of this, although if we can get them for decent prices, I wouldn't mind hanging on to Tex and Bennett, for the simple reason that we do need more continuity than this massive overhaul.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea

Stockdale - keep
Walton - keep
Casper - release
Chicksen - release
Halford - try and sign
Hughes - release
Maksimenko - release
Agustein - release
JFC - keep and loan out
Kayal - keep
Rea - keep
Holla - keep/cover
Stephens - keep
McCourt - release
KLL - keep
CMS - release
Baldock - keep
O'Grady - sell
Fenelon - release

You'd keep Bruno but are willing to sell Dunk for only £1m?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You'd keep Bruno but are willing to sell Dunk for only £1m?

Yes, I think Dunk is vastly overrated and would be staggered if he became a 'proficient' premier league player. He plays on his heels, loses concentration frequently, has a tendency to wander and lacks pace. He is probably ok for the championship, but anybody offered a million, I'd take it.

Bruno has already signed contract as per my first line, so we don't have much choice.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Whats great about getting in loads of new players is it gives people the chance to say the team had been rebuilt and they'll need time to gell. And it will...so there goes the first couple of months of the season.

People will then call for CHs head because we won't be on the top 6, say the structure of the club is wrong because what we have bought isn't as good as the players we released, say they won't renew their season tickets and so on. We'll be back to square one.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Agree with much of what you said. But we need a more reliable keeper. I hope that will be Walton. It is certainly not Stockdale. Hoping Walton gets some match time before the end of the season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale

Bruno
( new CD )
Greer
( new LB )

Kayal
Ince
Stephens