Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP HAMPSHIRE V SUSSEX 11 am

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Its back , and not a moment to soon , some people in the know think Sussex are in for a good season and with any luck will win promotion into the premire league with Surrey and Lancs next season , i'm not sure tiny sussex are quite ready for that yet but i am looking forward to another season of spare tickets and people half finishing their pints , and The Goff steaming in from the sea end .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We're already in the First Division aren't we ?

As regards being successful, well we were the top county in the first decade of this century (three Championship titles and other accolades).

Sussex are never far behind these days.

But it's far too early to start the Championship season. Then again, proper Cricket doesn't seem to matter anymore.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'd be surprised if we can put a team out.
Who would want to play for a county that keeps loosing?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
the last game starts on 22nd September!

long old season,just how many times do we play each other these days?

preferred it when it was just one division

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Sussex are far behind these days.

But it's far too early to start the Championship season. Then again, proper Cricket doesn't seem to matter anymore.
Corrected for you.

How we have the temerity to pretend we should be playing the ENORMOUS talents that are Lancashire (where it always rains) and Surrey (where it only rains money) I can't imagine. We are honoured.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
There is an interesting piece by the new ECB chief in today's Observer suggesting that this year's County Championship trophy should be awarded to the winners of Division Two.

He seems to court controversy but it is hard to argue with the logic.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Unless you are in the mix with those GIANTS of the game Surrey and Lancashire you can call it what you want, but you know you are in the Second Tier.

Yes. I'm sorry.

I forgot that Lancashire had won the title once since 1934. I know my place.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You try telling that to Lord Farquar , who in his infinate wisdom would like to see Sussex amalgamated with another lesser side like Kent .

I've seen a few quotes. Disturbing.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Blimey !!! Shazzaroo gets a start along with Millsy , Yootha wins the toss !!! what could possibly go wrong

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Blimey !!! Shazzaroo gets a start along with Millsy , Yootha wins the toss !!! what could possibly go wrong
Now look what you've done....... were loose.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Think the BBC live scoring has cocked up already , and have us down as 7-0 , off of 5 overs , is that the right way round ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here