Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can I block apps dowloading from NSC?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Using my Iphone to view forum and all too often when I try to open a thread it will redirect to a website, which then loads the app store and attempts to install an app loke Skybet or similar. Can this be stopped?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Yes.
Don't look at NSC.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
No. Just answering your question.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
So I guess thats a no & just put up with it then, what a load of tosh this website has become.

I've not experienced your problem, at all, not even once. Therefore I constructed a facetious response assuming your fingers were a bit fat. Apologies if I fall into the 'tosh' category.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Using my Iphone to view forum and all too often when I try to open a thread it will redirect to a website, which then loads the app store and attempts to install an app loke Skybet or similar. Can this be stopped?
I'm very surprised at this. I thought that Apple were supposed to be high on security and yet apps can be downloaded inadvertently. Shocking.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
I get the exact same thing happening on my iphone6 too.
The worst occasion was when it did it 4 tIkea on the trot within a couple seconds of me resetting nsc .
It always seems to take me to gambling app purchase pages.
Most irritating...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think it may be settings on your phone, I've never once had anything like you describe happen and I use iPhone frequently for NSC.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We had something similar to this a little while back due to an issue within the Google Ad network, but I've not heard of it happening for a long time now, and I've not experienced it myself.

Are you saying that using NSC on Safari on an iPhone is sometimes redirecting you to the App Store?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm very surprised at this. I thought that Apple were supposed to be high on security and yet apps can be downloaded inadvertently. Shocking.

Apps won't be downloaded inadvertently - they can't. The very worst that can happen is people are directed to an app in the App Store in the hope that they then download that app. The flaw, if there is one, will be with Google - those people who make Android.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
He exactly this [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]
Dam annoying
William hill and game of war most often for me

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Apps won't be downloaded inadvertently - they can't. The very worst that can happen is people are directed to an app in the App Store in the hope that they then download that app. The flaw, if there is one, will be with Google - those people who make Android.
Lolol! [emoji106]

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013

It's a bizzarre thing... I, just the same as OP, get another website start to load and then it lands me on AppStore on either William hill or ladbrokes app pages. I Don't gamble whatsoever so view this kind of advertising as an invasion of privacy and overstepping the mark. I find it worse than the adds you're obligated to view before YouTube clips.
Ggrrr

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
We had something similar to this a little while back due to an issue within the Google Ad network, but I've not heard of it happening for a long time now, and I've not experienced it myself.

Are you saying that using NSC on Safari on an iPhone is sometimes redirecting you to the App Store?

Yes, mainly SkyBet, Game of War etc. Viewing on 4s if thats of any use to you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here