Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marijuana kills cancer cells, confirms US government.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
image.jpg

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It makes your brain go fuzzy............. farrrrrrrr out! :mad::smokin::flypig:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what makes me chuckle is that those who would love to see cannabis used as a "cure for cancer", would more than likely see it as an alternative to nasty chemotherapy, not recognising its just another method. and even in the Metro piece the claim is it is used in conjunction with radiotherapy.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
smoking cat.JPG

well I don't give a flying **** I like it

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
2nd to coke fiends, potheads are the dullest folk on earth.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
It is absolute idiocy that it is still illegal.

Only if you don't think too much about it is it that easy. Let's play Legalise Cannabis.

Ok UK Parliament decriminalises cannabis unilaterally, in any quantity, for any use. What other checks and balances would you need to implement to make this work? What are the impacts on society, and other countries our trading partners and neighbours where it's still illegal? You get every pothead in Europe and beyond beating a path to the UK. How do you manage that? It's a massive massive proposition, no matter how innocuous the drug.

Not saying I don't think it should be proscribed (or prescribed) but let's hear from the pro lobby what the plan is. Simply saying 'tax it' don't cut it though.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I don't approve of this post - people with drug problems need help, of course substance abuse will have negative effects on a persons personality.

Legalise, regulate, tax and educate.

What do you think of the creeping criminalisation of tobacco?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Key points

- Legalised cannabis could potentially add £7bn to the economy (+ saving £400m on policing cannabis) and create up to 250,000 jobs.

- Decriminalisation in countries such as Portugal and Holland has shown reduced rate of substance abuse, particularly in children.

- Cannabis is currently unregulated - as a result it is becoming increasingly high in a chemical known as THC and low in another one called CBD, this change is believed to be the key factor in cannabis exacerbating mental health problems. Users don't currently have access to or a choice about these levels.

- Cannabis is proven to be less dangerous than currently legal alternatives, such as alcohol and tobacco. An honest discussion and education about all drugs needs to be had, people need to be more informed, to prevent abuse and minimise negative side effects.

- There are countless ailments where cannabis is proven to be beneficial or therapeutic, and often more effective than prescribed drugs. This is currently not a legal or reliable option due to its illegality.

Apart from a headline figure on its benefit to the economy that doesn't answer any of my queries. It's just a pamphlet.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't approve of this post - people with drug problems need help, of course substance abuse will have negative effects on a persons personality.

Legalise, regulate, tax and educate.

I absolutely agree it should be legalised, it is ridiculous it is not. It still turns people into dullards whatever the legal status of it.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Here we go, another 'reason' to justify marijuana addicts usage.
Users lives end up being dictated by it's use, it takes control.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Dec 15, 2014
Here
The interesting thing about federal law in the States is that cannabis is illegal. If it wanted to the federal government could go on a war against cannabis and shut down every one of those legalized sellers in Oregon, Colorado etc. The laws of the federal US govt outweigh the laws of the states and is a reason the US fought a civil war in the 1860's. I do believe that this will never happen and that the greater dangers are tobacco and alcohol.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-calif-medical-marijuana-20150408-story.html

In some cases the US federal govt is prosecuting legalized by a state sellers of pot.

http://www.thecannabist.co/2015/02/12/colorado-marijuana-sales-2014-700-million/27565/

Colorado's pot sales are huge.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here