Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Else Listening to Killing Joke

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Saw them play somewhere in Brighton 30+ years ago and Jaz Coleman is the scariest man in music.

Love Requiem and Wardance.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Saw them play somewhere in Brighton 30+ years ago and Jaz Coleman is the scariest man in music.

Yep brilliant then ,saw at top rank with test tube babies in support also supposed to be Aztec camera but they didn't turn up thank god, also before that with theatre of hate who were crap ,killing joke were far better.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Saw them play at the basement on the old steine. (79-ish). Steve Jones and Paul Cook turned up and yes, Jaz Colman is one scary chap.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Good band, I did see them play in Brighton, can't remember exactly where though, Jenkinsons or Top Rank.

I did have this T-shirt when I was about 15, I was walking through Brighton wearing it and a mate said I was getting filthy looks, it was just a Killing Joke t- shirt to me.

image.jpg

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Saw them at the Top Rank in 1985 I think it was. If there is one band I want to see again live it is them.

Jaz Coleman is an ordained priest and a very clever man - has arranged loads of classical music pieces. But scary.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Try their recent stuff, I honestly think is better than the original stuff (which I love anyway), Self titled album came out a few years ago and Hosannas from the Basements of Hell a couple of years back.

Last edited:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I met Paul Raven back in the 90's and he gave me some backstage passes. Love Killing Joke. Money is not our God & Slipstream is still up there amongst my favourite songs

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Try their recent stuff, I honestly think is better than the original stuff (which I love anyway), Self titled album came out a few years ago and Hosannas in the Highest a couple of years back.

Their 2012 album is good too, as was 2008's Absolute Dissent, both with the original line up. They have got better and better, which is unusual.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
One of the worst bands I've seen. The guitarist broke a string and we had to wait about 20 minutes before he could fix it and they could resume playing.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Do remember seeing them at Jenkinsons one Sunday night and bumping into the band earlier that afternoon in the Wimpy in West Street. Got the feeling they were less than impressed at our intrusion. Have seen them at Sonisphere a couple of times recently. Still a great band.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Jaz and Wardance were the perfect psychotic combination. Music to MARCH to. Saw them in Brighton also, might have been at the Centre.

NSC's favourite Cardiff City poster, [MENTION=119]The Laughing Bluebird[/MENTION] (wonder what he's up to now, not seen him post for yonks) used to be a roadie for Killing Joke. Might even have been their tour manager at one point. When I once mooted on here that Killing Joke were one of my all-time favourite bands, he sent me down a whole load of rarities, demos, bootlegs etc. on CD. Top bloke!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Jaz and Wardance were the perfect psychotic combination. Music to MARCH to. Saw them in Brighton also, might have been at the Centre.

NSC's favourite Cardiff City poster, [MENTION=119]The Laughing Bluebird[/MENTION] (wonder what he's up to now, not seen him post for yonks) used to be a roadie for Killing Joke. Might even have been their tour manager at one point. When I once mooted on here that Killing Joke were one of my all-time favourite bands, he sent me down a whole load of rarities, demos, bootlegs etc. on CD. Top bloke!

TLB is a great guy. When the Albion played at Cardiff a few years ago he and his mates arranged to meet us in the pub beforehand and after. Was always first to the bar AND arranged minibus for both his group and mine to the ground and back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here