Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Success.. Money vs legends

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
We were talking about this last night.

CMS?
He is now heading into the twilight of his footballing days. His four seasons with us haven't worked out well IMO. I mean he hasn't improved as a player, he hasn't scored tons of goals. If anything he looks a shadow of what he was.

These should have been the glory days of his career. Will he have seen it as a great career?

Leon Best
This guy is still only 28 and is literally going through the motions.

Both of the above will have made loads of money. Is that all it is about?

Whereas

Calde
A limited footballer who was heading into obscurity in Spain, but has become a cult hero for us.

Which football journey would you prefer? The money (lots and lots of it) or being adored by the fans?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Being adored by the fans doesn't pay the bills. If any club is willing to pay you stupid money per week,IMO you take it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Caldaron has been earning a great deal more than he would in Spain, so i think he's won on both fronts. CMS career might have earnt more had he gone elsewhere and scored a boat load of goals, and be adored where he went. misfortune has meant he didnt make it.

Leon Best is just a chancer, riding the cash cow that is the lot for a number of footballer who somehow have enough to go pro but dont really care.

my point is you can have both money and adoration of the crowd.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Caldaron has been earning a great deal more than he would in Spain, so i think he's won on both fronts.
Exactly. Even on mere Championship wages he'll be wealthy beyond the dreams of most of us. It'll be a long time before he has to worry about where he's going to find enough money to pay the rent!

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
At least Leon Best is forced to get onto the field and pretend to run around a bit. Kemy, on the other hand... never leaves the dinner table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here