Howe demands strong finish [Sky Sports News]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Last Updated: 11/04/15 8:48am

chris-hughton-eddie-howe-brighton-bournemouth-sky-bet-championship_3288569.jpg
chris-hughton-eddie-howe-brighton-bournemouth-sky-bet-championship_3288569.jpg

Eddie Howe: Greets Chris Hughton after the match

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe stressed that his side had "won nothing yet" after late goals from Yann Kermorgant and Callum Wilson put them four points clear at the top of the Championship with a 2-0 success at Brighton.
The Cherries' sixth win in their last nine games has given them an advantage over nearest rivals Norwich and Watford with four games remaining, but Howe believes promotion places are still very much up for grabs.
He said: "We've four games left now and we've got to look at taking 12 points; we have to try and win every game.
Sky-Bet-Logo.svg

"It wouldn't surprise me if one of the sides at the top wins all their last games. Nothing has been won yet.
"I won't accept that we are favourites, I still think it is anyone's.
"This league has a habit of throwing up surprises and we must stay strong to the end."
Kermorgant now boasts 16 goals this season and Wilson 21, and Howe said he was "really proud" of setting a new club goalscoring record.
The Cherries now total 106 goals in all competitions and Howe said: "It will be the goalscorers that will get the headlines, but this win was a team achievement.
"I'm really proud of our goalscoring record this season and it is a team thing. The lads deserve a lot of credit."
Kermorgant put the Cherries ahead with a tremendous curling free-kick after 70 minutes, and Howe enthused: "A moment of magic won us the game."
Brighton remain nine points clear of the drop-zone following Wigan's 2-2 draw with Fulham and boss Chris Hughton was quick to emphasise his men still have work to do with four games left.
Reflecting on three defeats in the last week, the former Newcastle, Birmingham and Norwich manager said: "We need more points. The challenge is to get them in our last four games.
"We don't want to rely on the teams below us; we are going to need to score more goals."
Brighton have now gone seven hours 50 minutes without a goal from one of their own players, and Hughton admitted: "I'm surprised that we are not scoring as we have been creating chances.
"There are some games when we have not been creative enough, and that is probably the biggest area to address."
Asked if he felt Bournemouth had the credentials to achieve promotion, Hughton said he felt Howe's team had as good a chance as anyone to realise their ambition.
He said: "They are there on merit. Bournemouth are one of a group of teams who can do it; they've got enough quality and they produced a result against us, which is what the better teams do."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here