Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greg Halford

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The rotation to see which of our 'strikers' are any good has surely now proved that the answer is: none of them.

So why not play Halford as the striker on Tuesday against Huddersfield?

Things can't get any more dire up front, so what have we got to lose!?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Hughes could come in for Dunk if required..

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Halford is not a striker, if you are going to play someone up front player a striker, why not try an Under 21.

We really need to give two up front a go as at present the system just isn't working.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Bruno, Halford, Hughes, Bennett would be as dependable a back four as we can have until Greer is available again. Dunk needs to be kept on the training ground for some intensive coaching. I have no idea whether he's exhausted, arrogant or distracted in the way of Bridcutt and Buckley but he's definitely gone backwards of late.

I think we're also discovering that Baldock is actually pretty good

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
As none of our strikers can score you have to think it is the system we play rather than all of them being that bad. Don't you?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Halford has been our best central defender in recent games - need him at the back. Would like to see him here next year

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I presume we would still be interested in signing him then?

I would think so - very versatile - looked good on the ball at times, and has a very useful long throw.

looked a little exposed at times, but would be a decent squad player.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good reserve and towards the end looked better than Dunk, who went completely off the boil.

Could we do better? Yes, but on the assumption Greer and Dunk will start, I'd take him as a sub.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I think he might
good bench man can play just about anywhere other than goal

Actually....Halford is a very good goalkeeper too! When he was at Sheffield United, he used to spend one day per week training with the keepers

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I would think so - very versatile - looked good on the ball at times, and has a very useful long throw.

looked a little exposed at times, but would be a decent squad player.

Yep no more than that. Your summary was similar to mine, decent but a good back up player due to his versatility

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I assume this is actually related to their transfer embargo and that they have to off load players before signing anyone within the constraints imposed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Suggests that Halford was earning way more than £10k per week at Forest and with their FFP wage restrictions in place could be replaced by a younger player of the same ability for much less.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here