Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth pretendance

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Couldn't care less, thankfully no announcement meant no seal impressions from my seated neighbours applauding about 29 people shifted up the coast for a Friday night in Brighton.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
So what is it exactly that all you attendance doubters are trying to prove whenever you disagree with the official attendance figure? We all know that it includes season tickets and when the team has been crap and it's live on telly the actual attendance will be lower...so what? Even if it was only 19,000 in the ground tonight (which is an underestimate by about 3,000) it is a pretty amazing turn-out considering the rubbish we have been presented with on the pitch. But again I ask, what is the point that you are trying to make?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
So what is it exactly that all you attendance doubters are trying to prove whenever you disagree with the official attendance figure? We all know that it includes season tickets and when the team has been crap and it's live on telly the actual attendance will be lower...so what? Even if it was only 19,000 in the ground tonight (which is an underestimate by about 3,000) it is a pretty amazing turn-out considering the rubbish we have been presented with on the pitch. But again I ask, what is the point that you are trying to make?

Even if we all boycotted the club in some sort of random protest like the good old days, the attendance figures will still say that we all turned up......

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Even if we all boycotted the club in some sort of random protest like the good old days, the attendance figures will still say that we all turned up......

Because its based on tickets sold and they probably have to do it for health and safety or similar. Cup games will be the only time when a gate will be relatively accurate, and even those are slightly incorrect due to 1901 members.

Frankly, I'm more concerned about the rubbish on the pitch and how we've gone backwards.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Attendance: The number of people present at a particular place or event.

Lies: Something intended or serving to convey a false impression.

Congratulations to the club if they've finally realised that people just laugh when they Tannoy this stuff, and also to the person who came up with the word 'pretendance'. Gilliver's Travels I think. NSC today, the OED tomorrow?

D

Deleted User X18H

pretty sure MOM was not even announced

It was Dale Stephens . He eventually turned up in the Bupa at 10:17 pm
image.jpg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why do people get so hung up about this. The club make no secret that the figure relates to tickets sold rather than those that come through the turnstile, just as pretty much every other club do. Yes it would be nice to know exactly how many are there but I'm not losing any sleep over it. These threads are about as dull as those that always used to shout 'get that board down' at the Goldstone and Amex. Funny the first couple of times but tedious thereafter.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here