Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***PLAYER RATINGS vs BOURNEMOUTH***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Perhaps I should adopt the 24 hour rule before posting, but hey I'm p!ssed off........

Stockdale - 5 - poor error on free-kick, otherwise little do and handling good
Bruno - 7
Bennett - 6
Dunk - 4 - cost us the game. Poor decision to dive in and also marauding up-field for the 2nd (though that may have been frustration)
Halford - 6
Kayal - 7
Stephens - 6
Calderon - 6
Carayol - 6
Texeira - 6
Best - 4 - just rubbish, rarely moved and I would prefer to see Jimmy Muitt from the U21s than him.

Ince - 6 - barely warm and never got into the game.
CMS - 6 - one good effort
KLL - 5 - contributed nothing.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You are being generous to stockdale. Went down far to quickly on the second. The first was a joke

Second was 1 on 1 effectively, with Dunk nowehere to be seen and Halford easily beaten, had little chance, but he'll (or should be) disappointed with the first.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Stockdale - 5 Yes, he was at fault for their first goal, but it's the sort of error you see a lot.
Bruno - 5.5
Halford - 5.5 He was beaten for the second, but he wa left exposed by Dunk's forward run
Dunk - 4 Stupid challenge gifting them the free kick, lost possession of the ball on a rare forward run leading to their second
Bennett - 4.5 Beaten too easily at times, fortunately not much came of those attacks
Calderon - 4.5 Looked shattered from about 15 minutes.
Stephens - 6
Kayal - 6
Teixeira - 5.5
Carayol - 5 Took about an hour to do anything worthy of getting excited about, but nice run.
Best - 4.5 When is one of our strikers going to hit a shot with any venom?

Lualua - 4 Did nothing when he came on
CMS - 4.1 Get's an extra smidgen of a mark for that late shot.
Ince - 4 Didn't look like he was properly warmed up, and then struggled to get into the game

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Stockdale -0 - Shite effort. Frankly he should not be letting shots like the first in.
Bruno - 5- OK
Bennett - 5-OK
Dunk - 3 - Crap
Halford - 2- worst bit of defending I've witnessed for a long time concerning the second. Basic stuff don't turn your back on a player- shocking
Kayal - 7- Good
Stephens - 7 Would have got higher if he could shoot. Both shots on his wrong foot, his left and right.
Calderon -5 OK
Carayol - 0 Useless, sorry f**king useless
Texeira - 4 Nothing, just nothing
Best - minus 10 - pathetic piece of crap..

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale - 5 Yes, he was at fault for their first goal, but it's the sort of error you see a lot.
Bruno - 5.5
Halford - 5.5 He was beaten for the second, but he wa left exposed by Dunk's forward run
Dunk - 4 Stupid challenge gifting them the free kick, lost possession of the ball on a rare forward run leading to their second
Bennett - 4.5 Beaten too easily at times, fortunately not much came of those attacks
Calderon - 4.5 Looked shattered from about 15 minutes.
Stephens - 6
Kayal - 6
Teixeira - 5.5
Carayol - 5 Took about an hour to do anything worthy of getting excited about, but nice run.
Best - 4.5 When is one of our strikers going to hit a shot with any venom?

Lualua - 4 Did nothing when he came on
CMS - 4.1 Get's an extra smidgen of a mark for that late shot.
Ince - 4 Didn't look like he was properly warmed up, and then struggled to get into the game

Good set of marks and comments, agree with these.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
People are being very generous to Ince who was shocking when he came on: did nothing for 25 minutes but misplace passes, miss tackles and lose possession. What made it worse is that he replaced the one Brighton player who looked anything like a top quality footballer. although Bruno had a good first half and Stephens was halfway decent.

What's annoying about Best is that he looks like he has some talent but he seems to combine it with the physicality of Tinkerbell and the work-rate of Oblomov

Kayal 7, Bruno and Stephens 6. All the rest 4 except Dunk 2, Ince and Best 1

What annoyed me most was that I didn't think Bournemouth were that great but we made things very easy for them

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Stockdale 6. Looked a good free kick to me and made important saves in first half
Bruno 7. Linked up well with Calde.
Bennett 5. Ok
Dunk 4. Not OK, far from OK. Stockdale has no confidence in him
Halford 7. Strong, aggressive for the most part. Keep him
Kayal 8. His injury was the turning point. aggressive, great vision, driven
Stephens 7. Terrible shots but again strong and busy
Calderon 6. Should have got a penalty
Texiera 5. Further evidence of his loss of confidence in front of goal. Won't play for
Liverpool in competitive matches
Carayol 4. One great run, some nice touches not much else. Is he match fit?
Best 3 and I'm convinced CH is going to get him on a permanent contract

Ince. Rushed on so not warmed up. One of those days where he had no control of his legs
KLL. Did nothing
CMS. Did nothing

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
David Stockdale 4 Good kicking, handling very good. Nothing he could do about the second goal but so at fault for the first. Henderson #2.
Bruno 6 Flair, but didn't contribute anything tangible either in attack or defence. I am disappointed.
Greg Halford 6 Plays like he means it, he can stay!
Lewis Dunk 4 Going backwards without the support and guidance of Hyypia, ironically. Tonight was a good experience for him.
Joe Bennett 5 No longer offers anything in attack because he rarely goes forward, but produces when he does get forward.
Beram Kayal 7 Driving force in midfield, a cut above the rest of our squad and an encouraging sign - this is who Hughton wanted.
Dale Stephens 6 Consistently a good player, didn't happen tonight but consistency of team selection is what he needs.
Inigo Calderon 4 Out of his depth I'm afraid, genuinely gutted by it but he's not good enough and doesn't contribute enough.
Joao Teixeira 5 Ineffective, but he was on the ball at times and makes us play when we play well. We need to keep the team selection consistent.
Mustapha Carayol 6 One run of real promise and intent, and I like him as a player but where's his head? Could he care less?
Leon "Best" 4 Generous. He does a few things well, but many things terribly.

Subs
Kazenga LuaLua 1 Crap.
Craig Mackail-Smith 6 More desire, intent, passion and class than many others. Deserves more respect from some fans.
Rohan Ince 5 Not very good tonight.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Oooohhhhhhhh I'm going to do mine in the style of Chris Hughton:

Stockers - 5 Great lad, and errrrrrr, great lad.
Bruners - 5 Great lad and errrrrr he done well.
Benners - 5 Great lad, great lad that boy.
Dunkers - 5 Great lad, he's a broken man in that dressing room, he's been done for their second, great lad and a good honest hard working lad.
Halfers - 5 Great dad, you know his two little ones, well they look up to him... well they're only small and errrrrr you know kids and that.
Kayers- 5 - Quality from start to finish, we except at Rotherham, well you know... great lad.
Stephers - 5 Great lad, small mouth, but a great lad and errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr great lad.
Calders - 5 He's from Spain, great lad, he speaks in the correct tense all the time, but I'm work on him...
Caraers - 5 Yeah errrmmmm he's a great lad, I think... who is he again?
Texers - 5 Liverpool legend, he'll be knocking on some doors next year, you know; selling dusters and that.
Besters - 5 yeah the next Alan Shearer, he's my boy that lad, great lad, my boy that is, he's actually my boy and errrrrrrr you know.

Kosh

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Stockdale -0 - Shite effort. Frankly he should not be letting shots like the first in.
Bruno - 5- OK
Bennett - 5-OK
Dunk - 3 - Crap
Halford - 2- worst bit of defending I've witnessed for a long time concerning the second. Basic stuff don't turn your back on a player- shocking
Kayal - 7- Good
Stephens - 7 Would have got higher if he could shoot. Both shots on his wrong foot, his left and right.
Calderon -5 OK
Carayol - 0 Useless, sorry f**king useless
Texeira - 4 Nothing, just nothing
Best - minus 10 - pathetic piece of crap..

0 for Carayol? 0 for your marking me thinks. Certainly not mind blowing but sorry no one gets a zero for that effort from deep in his own half beating half the Bournemouth team :facepalm:

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Stockdale - for an hour looked ok then had to save two shots-which once again he failed to do. -4.5
Bruno - nothing special - 5
Halford - at fault for second goal. What happened to his long throws? -5
Dunk - caught out too easily again. Has gone right off in recent weeks - 4
Bennett-brings nothing to the side- just ordinary -4.5
Calderon - works hard but too often unable to chase back when he was needed. What is his role in the side? 4.5
Stephens - good contribution but should have scored -6.5
Kayal -worked well with Stephens. His injury probably cost us a point. Must be next year's captain -7
Carayol -one good run otherwise lightweight. Does Hughton really think he's better than Lua Lua? 4.5
Texeira- lacks strength. Didn't contribute much of value tonight. -4.5
Best-no mark. If he can't be bothered why should I?

Subs- Ince - struggled. Cost us at least one goal 4; Lua Lua -no impact -4; CMS- apparently had a shot but like most of the crowd, I didn't see it-5
Management- strange team selection -again! Subs too late when it was obvious that Carayol and Best had nothing to offer. I'm getting seriously concerned about Hughton and Jones' tactics - 3

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
0 for Carayol? 0 for your marking me thinks. Certainly not mind blowing but sorry no one gets a zero for that effort from deep in his own half beating half the Bournemouth team :facepalm:

One run in which no one put in a challenge and no end product. Care to mention anything else he did.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
CMS's shot was class. Bit like zamoras goal tother day. You knew it wasn't going in though

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Stockdale - 4 - Distribution was generally very good tonight, but his paid to keep the ball out of the net, and the first goal is a definite error and cost us dearly.
Bruno - 7 - Had a good game tonight.
Bennett - 5 - ok
Halford - 6 - Another decent performance and could be worth keeping for next season.
Dunk - 4 - Two costly mistakes.
Stephens - 6 - Great desire to win back possession but quality on the ball was lacking mostly
Kayal - 8 - MOTM - Class act. Felt him and Stephens hunted the ball well and used the ball well. We've unearthed a real gem here and we fell apart when he went off.
Texeira - 4 Ineffective in my opinion, no real moments of quality in the final third.
Calderon - 5 - Whole hearted display but again no threat going forward.
Carayol - 4 - Looks like a inferior Lua Lua. One excellent run in the 2nd half otherwise a disappointing home debut.
Best - 5 - Body language and work ethic do him no favours, but out of a fairly average bunch of strikers I do feel his the most likely to score some goals given service.

Subs

Ince - 4 - Looked off the pace and basic ball control was lacking.
Lua Lua - 4 Little chance to impress, but offered little once on.
CMS - 6 - One very good effort that caught Boruc unawares.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Stockdale 5

Bruno 6
Bennett 6
Dunk 4
Halford 6

Kayal 7
Stephens 7
Calderon 5.5

Texiera 5
Carayol 4.5
Best 5

Ince 4
KLL. 4
CMS 5

Pitiful lack of quality and in the areas that matter most - the final third.

Chris has given all the forwards a chance and unfortunately they are all plop. This married with a lack quality in wide areas makes for very painful watching.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

One run in the time he was on and spent the rest falling over. He is fecking awful

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here