Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What are we working on in training? Any suggestions?

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
I have ruled out shooting and crossing. Defending is another area I'm not to sure has been visited. Player movement is a definite no no along with supporting the attacker.
Side ways and backwards useless passing is a certainty.
Getting to the last third and producing an odds defyingly bad ball so effectively every time is also a banker on the training check sheet.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Not sure what CH is doing but am fairly sure many players at ethibking where will they be playing next post this loan spell

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
They do endless drills on how to get it to the edge of the opposition penalty box, then it's time to go home.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
How to defend next year in league one.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Sprints are banned and supporting your own players is positively discouraged. I would suggest smiling, posing for photos, modelling and spin for interviews are the main concentrations

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Passing sideways & backwards, not crossing, letting it bounce before heading, don't challenge at corners (either end), play as if it's a practice match, sprinting is banned, pretend you've never met each other

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
We are half decent at passing it around the back 4 and Stockdale. Must be that, and only that.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Having witnessed them train this week. They stand around a lot and chat.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Has anyone else noticed an increase in 'bickering' just recently? It was particularly noticeable at Rotherham and still evident last night. It's something that creeps in when there's a lack of leadership imho. Like others, I can't wait for this putrid season to be over :(

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
We are superb at passing back to our Goalkeeper......Our players need to be told Passing their goalkeeper would be a better option,,,,,It really is that simple..

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We are superb at passing back to our Goalkeeper......Our players need to be told Passing their goalkeeper would be a better option,,,,,It really is that simple..

Leon Best did in the 2nd half.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
1. Full backs taking every throw in. Regardless of whether there is an opportunity for a quick throw.

2. Why does Bruno take throws deep into the opponents half? He struggles to get the ball as far as the 6 yard box yet Halford can deliver it like a corner. If we are concerned about him being out of position then just drop Calderon back into the centre half position.

3. How, from a free kick inside your opponents half and what most teams would see as an opportunity to attack, get the ball back to DS within 3 or 4 passes.

4. Practice with longer studs that actually grip the turf.

There's probably a load more but I really can't be arsed this close to the end of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here