Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can see Houghton Quitting before next season......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can see Bloom not investing any more in players than we did this season but I think Hughton is just glad to have a job, so I doubt he'll walk.Not sure he's in big demand.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Houghton knew the constraints under FFP, the only way he will quit is if we are relegated

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Will he be here long enough for everybody to figure out how to spell his name correctly?

That's why Sami Hyypia had to go.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I guess it's down to Uncle Tony's friends now.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he did walk. Don't want him to but what i want and what happens are two very different things. :smokin:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hughton wouldn't have taken the job without some sort assurance of support from Tony Bloom for recruitment in the summer. Even the Sky commentators were saying that at the start of the evening.

His current selection policy seems to be giving him a chance to have a look at the squad.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No chance, he will not want (another if you believe the Norwich fans) failure on his hands at his age.
Big job on his hands though, we seem to have gone backwards recently

Who can blame him? Bloom is not interested in spending proper money on players only bricks & mortar.
Just waiting for the infrastructure to be in place. He can sell, get his money back and go back to what he does best. Watching his beloved club on tv from Australia.
Great gesture from a great bloke but football chairman of great knowledge, he ain't.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Just waiting for the infrastructure to be in place. He can sell, get his money back and go back to what he does best. Watching his beloved club on tv from Australia.
Great gesture from a great bloke but football chairman of great knowledge, he ain't.

In a way i for one doe's hope he doe's sell.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hughton wouldn't have taken the job without some sort assurance of support from Tony Bloom for recruitment in the summer. Even the Sky commentators were saying that at the start of the evening.

His current selection policy seems to be giving him a chance to have a look at the squad.
Totally agree, CH is here for the long haul, and with the backing of TB.
The Bloom bloodline is in Brighton, so he also needs to be in for the long haul ;)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Haha 'get his money back'

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Totally agree, CH is here for the long haul, and with the backing of TB.
The Bloom bloodline is in Brighton, so he also needs to be in for the long haul ;)

The Bloom involved in the Stanley, Archer, Bellotti years hardly covered himself in glory

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have nothing against Hughton but was not over enamoured by getting him in as manager. After Gus every manager has been a little slide further down the ability scale, we have been on a mission to become "Ordinary " over the last 3 seasons and Hughton has maintained that descent.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

There is no way he can sell and get his money back. Even if we were promoted, the club would not be worth the £200 million he's invested.

We're a ****ing whinging bunch with an over inflated sense of entitlement on here sometimes. This is our first shit season for 5 years, and we're calling for the man, who has poured a large chunk of his personal fortune into the club, to sell before the summer transfer market has even started.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here