Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff's 1pm new signing announcement

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Saw a posting on here that Cardiff are set to announce a new signing at 1pm today.

Will it be Robbo?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
FootyMAD > Cardiff City Online > Latest > Cardiff City News

Press conference put back 24 hours

Story by Michael Morris 9 July 2003

It is now planned to take place on Thursday at 1pm.

The long wait for a first signing will drag on a bit longer. The press conference planned for 1pm today has been put back to 1pm on Thursday.

It was expected that John Robinson was to be unveiled as City's first recruit. The club will not confirm or deny that it is going to be Robinson but whatever player it is the club are still waiting to receive his final scan results. They will not arrive until this afternoon so the anouncement has been put off.

There is no detail as to whether the club will be unveiling one or more

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
the 'potentials list' that everyone was touting about is getting smaller; Cureton's gone to Korea, Robinson signing for Cardiff, Ben Roberts going to Coventry on trial, Armstrong going to Wrexham...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Now i've just read that Chivu has signed for Roma. Another crossed off the potentials.
I reckon our list will be different to Stevie's. I trust him anyway.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Most of the people on the "potentials" list were never going to come here anyway.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Im getting a bad feeling about who we are going to bring in next season. Losing Robinson, although not unexpected, is a bit of a choker. Hopefully its been put back because weve gone in with a last minute better offer!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We have to remember that we are in Div 2 now and most of the players on the wanted list of most of us will end up playing in a higher division than us.

I'm sure that Stevie will get the right players at the right price, I just think we need them soonest so that they can have a pre-season with the rest of the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here