Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Largest ever Albion away attendance

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Excluding cup & play off finals and cup semi final.

Following on from the other thread about most albion fans to ever watch a match, I wonder what is the most away fans we've taken to a match.

Newcastle 79 ??

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
In recent times we took over 6000 to Anfield in the cup a few seasons ago, largest away league following for a while has been 4500 we took to Peterborough the day before we got promoted to Division One in 2002

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
In recent times we took over 6000 to Anfield in the cup a few seasons ago, largest away league following for a while has been 4500 we took to Peterborough the day before we got promoted to Division One in 2002

Lots of red and black balloons, a busted leg for Harty, and an unexpected return from injury by Bobby Z, if I recall correctly.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
I remember when we took 4k to Southend for opening day of season with Micky Adams. Chanting 'bring on the champions' we lost 2-0 but never laughed so much as their corner taker got pelted with the foul tasting pies.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

Following on from the other thread about most albion fans to ever watch a match, I wonder what is the most away fans we've taken to a match.

Newcastle 79 ??

correct and I was one of them :thumbsup:

Yoda

English & European
7,000 to palarse in 2005?

Think that was given as 5,500, the end two blocks were empty.

I remember when we took 4k to Southend for opening day of season with Micky Adams. Chanting 'bring on the champions' we lost 2-0 but never laughed so much as their corner taker got pelted with the foul tasting pies.

That was only about 2-2,500 that day. Blistering day too.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I think the Chelsea replay had more Albion there, including those that were locked out that night.
No tickets or segregation in those days, so we will never know.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Think that was given as 5,500, the end two blocks were empty.

That was only about 2-2,500 that day. Blistering day too.

Kuipers subbed at half time on his debut as well!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Aldershot in 77. I think we had 8000 of the official 11k. God. crossbars were thin in those days.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Newcastle 79 ??

Wasn't it quoted that we took 10,000 to Newcastle!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here