Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

System of a Down Roll Call - Thanks Sky for making me miss the footie

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
SOAD play their only UK date tonight at Wembley SSE, the "Wake up the Souls" show, to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the first genocide of the 20th century, in Armenia, perpetrated by the Ottoman Turks against the empire's Armenian, Greek and Assyrian populations.

As the ticket for this cost a bit more than mine and the missus' Albion tickets, I've given our seats to enthusiastic and deserving Godson and father tonight.

We're off to take in what promises to be a bittersweet show, a stunning performance is expected, and a serious message too.

Anyone else going?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It does annoy me when fixtures are changed for TV purposes. I can't think of an example other than football where you would not expect a ticket refund. If I was going to a band or the theatre and the date was changed and I could not go I would expect all my money back and I would get it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not doing that faux "Who are XXXXXX?" popular culture snobbery thing when I say I have never, ever heard of System of a Down.

So, no. It's the Amex for me.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I have to say I think we are in for some cracking entertainment tonight and a Brighton win.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why have Sky made you miss the football given that you have made a decision that you believe that System of a down roll call is more important than the Albion. This is no different from a few weeks ago when the Stranglers Dome date clashed with an Albion home date, or earlier in the season when the Tottenham League Cup game clashed with Elvis Costello at the Royal Albert Hall.

There are many other examples of gigs being announced before football fixtures are known, and everyone has a decision to make. Book the gig ticket, or wait for the fixtures and potentially miss out if sold out.

At least you have the option of recording the game tonight, which you can then watch in the early hours without knowing the result, which is more than others can do if the Albion clash with a favourite musician and are not on TV.

Hope you enjoy your evening.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why have Sky made you miss the football given that you have made a decision that you believe that System of a down roll call is more important than the Albion. This is no different from a few weeks ago when the Stranglers Dome date clashed with an Albion home date, or earlier in the season when the Tottenham League Cup game clashed with Elvis Costello at the Royal Albert Hall.

There are many other examples of gigs being announced before football fixtures are known, and everyone has a decision to make. Book the gig ticket, or wait for the fixtures and potentially miss out if sold out.

At least you have the option of recording the game tonight, which you can then watch in the early hours without knowing the result, which is more than others can do if the Albion clash with a favourite musician and are not on TV.

Hope you enjoy your evening.

Someone had a humour bypass?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I am going and have a spare ticket if anyone fancies it. I'm in Horsham so could be collected or meet there.

Edit. Someone on Twitter says they want it so get in quick!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Someone had a humour bypass?

Indeed, most odd response. I bought both tickets when the gig was Friday and the match was Saturday. Sky are making me miss one of them due to their meddling with the dates. I know it's a risk these days with modern football, still no less frustrating and annoying.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[MENTION=14921]spring hall convert[/MENTION]

Heard any rumours about Royal Blood getting onstage tonight?

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Gutted. I have been wanting to see them for years and never heard about this gig or I would have paid well over the odds for tickets.

As it happens I wont be there or the Amex tonight. Kind of makes what I am doing seem less fun now.....

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
It does annoy me when fixtures are changed for TV purposes. I can't think of an example other than football where you would not expect a ticket refund. If I was going to a band or the theatre and the date was changed and I could not go I would expect all my money back and I would get it.

I does in most sports that they have the say in, Rugby League has this all the time as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here