Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
I don't think they will take off in as big a way as other apple products. (Do bear in mind, however, that i wrote a thesis 30 years ago predicting mobile phones would never take off!)

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'm strongly considering a black Sport model. But want to wait until I can actually see and touch one first.

They'll be scoffed at now, but they'll get better and better with time. Maybe the 2nd/3rd gen will be the ones to buy

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm strongly considering a black Sport model. But want to wait until I can actually see and touch one first.

They'll be scoffed at now, but they'll get better and better with time. Maybe the 2nd/3rd gen will be the ones to buy

Agreed and for that reason I wouldn't pay any more than the Sport. I'd go 42mm/blue strap.

How changeable are the straps on the Sport? I'm assuming there'll be a flood of third party straps, official and otherwise, flooding the market two weeks or so from now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the June delivery orders are actually with people well ahead of then. It doesn't do Apple any harm to introduce the perception of scarcity from the off.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Agreed and for that reason I wouldn't pay any more than the Sport. I'd go 42mm/blue strap.

How changeable are the straps on the Sport? I'm assuming there'll be a flood of third party straps, official and otherwise, flooding the market two weeks or so from now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the June delivery orders are actually with people well ahead of then. It doesn't do Apple any harm to introduce the perception of scarcity from the off.

I'm 99% sure the straps are compatible throughout all models. That being the case, my idea was buy the cheapest watch, then buy more straps for different occasions. I prefer the look of the Space Grey Sport model, but not so sure it would look any good with a smarter strap.

Tough decisions these.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Waste of money IMO. Probably doe's everything the same as the iPad/iPhone/iPod doe's.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Straps all compatible across range. 3rd party straps on their way. Pre ordered today and I was told June delivery. Don't get that since the man said they'd pre ordered 3 that morning and the release date is 24th April. Odd. Went sports with black band.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Daughter has just ordered one as have most of the staff at apple. I think they get a decent discount on them too

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
all these modern gadgets...

you've got the i-pod, then the i-pad, the i-phone and the i-watch. but the best one is the what I bought my missus the other day and she loves it, it's called the i-ron....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You can book an appointment to try them on to help you select what you want. There seems to be slots as of tomorrow...

Navigate to the Apple Watch section on the Apple Online Store.
Scroll down to the section that reads, “Pick your favorite Apple Watch models. And try them on.” Or, go directly to the concierge page.
Click on “schedule a try-on appointment.”
Select a store.
From the available list, find a store near you and click on “View available times.” You can choose from Sport and Watch appointments, or Edition appointments.
Sign in using your Apple ID and password.
Find an available time.
After you select the time you want, click “Make Appointment.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here