Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bordeaux

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Dunno about bars and restaurants but they've got a brilliant Ikea. It was about half the price of the Croydon one and much more fragrant. I feel I haven't been much use to you though.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
les coins des copains
Le chapon fin
& Cafe Populaire

All very different, ranging from fine dining thru to boisterous bistro. Have fun!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Fantastic beach at Lacanau, about 30 miles away. Excellent surfing, lovely area.

That won't be much use to you if you are not leaving Bordeaux. Sorry.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
I can highly recommend this pub
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Cock-And-Bull/33519249446?fref=ts
The French landlord Vincent Lassalas and his Sussex born wife Zoe are a wonderful couple and run a great establishment with the perfect mix of French/English customers
Vincent is a Brighton fan so take him along some Albion tat to display in the pub and I am sure he will stand you a pint.
They know Bordeaux like the back of their hands so pop in there early on your trip and they will tell you where to find all the best restaurants, places to visit etc
Enjoy your holiday

Last edited:

They have a trappistry? I thought that was a place where Belgian monks brewed beer.

At least it will make a trip to Bordeaux worthwhile, now that you know that they have some sort of local drink to look out for.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
is one of the clarets.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bordeaux is a claret all right

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann