Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's Your Vote Worth?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's a bit silly all round really, but I guess there is a point. The hospitality could help persuade people and he probably should have checked. being aware of the candidate locally, I don't think there would be any evil intent.

Personally I wouldn't vote UKIP for all the tea in China.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I believe we only got Falmer because of a steak and kidney pie and a glass of water.

For me a cheese roll and a w@*# would do it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A Tory chappie knocked on the door and said they would send a car to take me to the polling station. I said ok and he asked what time would be best for me? I replied " how long do you think it will take to get to the polling station from Perpignan which is where we are going to be on Election Day..........?" Im fairly sure he muttered something unrepeatable as he retreated down the path :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's a pretty ludicrous story; it would be like a politician complaining that a rival could be bribed with a meat pie.

Oh...

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Interesting...Isn`t promising extra £10 week to pensioners not a treat/bribe to get pensioner vote...Isn`t promise of minimum wage increase not bribe to get low pay vote...Isn`t promise to pay Nurses/teachers more not a bribe to get their votes......Bribes/Lies/Backstabbing/Broken Promises are surely all part of Electioneering campaign....

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Storm in a teacup.

The electoral commission says "A person is guilty of treating if either before,during or after an election they directly or indirectly give or provide any food, drink,entertainment or provision to corruptly influence any voter to vote or refrain from voting. Treating requires a corrupt intent – it does not apply to ordinary hospitality" - my emphasis.

Irrespective of which party is involved, it'll be a tough job to prove corrupt intent as opposed to ordinary hospitality over the provision of sausage rolls!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here