Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Consider helping out with the cooking and cleaning"

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Has anyone else found that the advice to expectant Dad's is incredibly out of date?

Wherever you look on the net, the advice seems to be to consider helping out with the housework, read up about babies, etc... Even an email I got from the NHS which says "show her you care by doing more of the cooking and cleaning..."

All this seems quite offensive to the modern man!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I got a bit miffed with it as I do everything round here except the cooking anyway. What gets my goat more is the fact that the missus won't help out by doing some washing occasionally to help out. It's only loading the washing machine, pressing a button and waiting for an hour��

I know we have a baby who is refusing to sleep at night so she's tired, but so am I. And I'm working 12 hours a day to help cover our income whilst she's on maternity. Working on a BrakePress isn't advisable when not concentrating 100%. It's far too easy to lose fingers.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Agreed. Complete joke in this day and age. But then perhaps there are still less enlightened men/couples across the country that do still conform to parental stereotypes?

The only thing I haven't done with our kids is breast feed, which to be fair with my moobs I could have had a good try at!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think it's probably mainly aimed at NORTHERNERS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here