Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is tonight our biggest game of the season?

• Thread starter Eric Youngs Contact Lense
  • Start date

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

As fans..... arguably we have been spoilt in recent years, with results, league positions, play-off hopes etc. Supporting the team has been relatively easy (it could be argued!) However, tonight see's us play the most potent attacking team in the Division, and we are not safe. Another defeat keeps us well and truly involved in a relegation scrap. Is tonight the occasion for us to accept our position for what it is, and do what we can as supporters to give the boys a feeling of our backing. Tonight, in front of the cameras has the potential to be horrible, with the knock-on effects huge. So can we do our part to make noise, make it feel intimidating, put pressure on the officials, the opposition goalkeeper, shout for everything, bellow for bookings and redcards, sing our hearts out whatever is going on the pitch to help get us over the line... then we can continue with the blood-letting, binfesting that we all love... I think our team needs us tonight maybe more than any other time in recent years..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its not even the biggest game of our week.

I'd have taken a win at Rovrum over a win tonight.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Huddersfield on Tuesday night is probably a going to be bigger game, in that it will be 'must win' if we get the expected tonking tonight.

SAC

May 21, 2014
As fans..... arguably we have been spoilt in recent years, with results, league positions, play-off hopes etc. Supporting the team has been relatively easy (it could be argued!) However, tonight see's us play the most potent attacking team in the Division, and we are not safe. Another defeat keeps us well and truly involved in a relegation scrap. Is tonight the occasion for us to accept our position for what it is, and do what we can as supporters to give the boys a feeling of our backing. Tonight, in front of the cameras has the potential to be horrible, with the knock-on effects huge. So can we do our part to make noise, make it feel intimidating, put pressure on the officials, the opposition goalkeeper, shout for everything, bellow for bookings and redcards, sing our hearts out whatever is going on the pitch to help get us over the line... then we can continue with the blood-letting, binfesting that we all love... I think our team needs us tonight maybe more than any other time in recent years..

No it doesn't. 'wall and Wigan are useless and will struggle to get more than ten points between them. It may be slightly uncomfortable if Fulham and Rotherham win but no more than that. There is much more pressure on Bournemouth as the top two and top 8 is nice and close for a change.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
No, it's a 'shot to nothing' as they say in snooker. We're not expected to win and anything other than zero points will be a bonus.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The 7/2 for a home win looks big. We're not too bad at home, and the players should be refreshed after their Easter break.

:bhasign:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We're gonna win 3-1 so everyone relax[emoji106]

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
No , it's not.

Tuesday might be important, I suspect it won't be. People losing the plot at the moment are monumentally missing the point. Hughton was brought here to keep us up - job pretty much done. The real test is the summer business and how we start next year.

Frustrating as it is, what is going on at the moment is almost irrelavent. Pressure's off tonight - have fun.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patreon
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
It should all be about pride tonight. On TV, The Cherries have the evil eye over us, and the team need to walk onto that pitch determined to show the manager, supporters and the tv audience that they are better than the league table shows.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
No , it's not.

Tuesday might be important, I suspect it won't be. People losing the plot at the moment are monumentally missing the point. Hughton was brought here to keep us up - job pretty much done. The real test is the summer business and how we start next year.

Frustrating as it is, what is going on at the moment is almost irrelavent. Pressure's off tonight - have fun.
Yeah, I'm approaching this as I guess a lot of people did for the Arsenal game. I've got some beers in, a neighbour's coming round and we're just hoping for a good game with a positive result being a nice (but not that important) bonus.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Yeah, I'm approaching this as I guess a lot of people did for the Arsenal game. I've got some beers in, a neighbour's coming round and we're just hoping for a good game with a positive result being a nice (but not that important) bonus.

Would have seemed crazy at the start of the season. I'm just happy Jones and Hughton managed to rescue things from a bad looking position.

Don't get me wrong, it won't take me long to get restless next season if ambition isn't shown in the transfer market, tactics don't get a little less turgid and results don't improve. But it's not a conversation for now - lets just be grateful it looks like we might hang onto a manager from one season to the next. The last time we did that, we went very well.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
I think Bennet is going to have a torrid time of it tonight. Hopefully it will bring out the best in him. He strikes me as a player lacking in confidence in defence, and he often seems to bring that into other areas of his game.

I have a feeling the bus won't be parked tonight, it will be broken down.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Luckily I have to miss tonight's horror show. Will sneak a look at the result around midnight, and sigh that it was as expected.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here