Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The REMF 9th Charity Golf Day!

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
Im pleased to announce that the 9th REMF Charity Golf Day has been booked and will be taking place on Friday 19th June at Mid Sussex Golf Club in Ditchling. There already has been a lot of interest in this and it promises to be a big one this year.

All people and standards are welcome to attend this event. The teams will be played as a 4 ball. If you are unable to make up a 4 ball, then please let me know as im sure we will be able to make teams up with other players.
The format is similar to previous years. On arrival, participants will be welcomed with bacon rolls and tea or coffee. The entered four balls will then play 18 holes of golf, scoring in a stableford format. There are superb individual and team trophies, for the winners and the runners up. There are further trophies and prizes for certain "Nearest the Pin" holes and a “Longest Drive”.

Following the golf, every one will sit down to a 3 course meal which will then lead on to the presentations and raffle. There will also be an auction following on from that as well.

So, how can people get involoved in this? Firstly, by entering the competition as a four ball will only cost £60 per person. This is great value as can be seen from above.
Second, we're looking for sponsors, either individuals or companies, to sponsor a hole for £50. What do you get for this? Well, it's a charity donation so will be tax deductible. Your name (or your company's name) will be on prominent view at the hole you sponsor so all participants will know who you are. You will also be in the official program showing your sponsorship. We should also be receiving newspaper and radio media coverage.
Thirdly, if you would like to donate a raffle or auction prize this will be gratefully received and will also be recorded in the official program.

I know a lot of people were asking if this would still be going ahead after my Dad passed away last year. We felt as a family that it was only right to continue this and im sure he would of wanted it to. We can only hope that we are able to run it half as well as what he did, as he had it down to a fine art!
I know there were people that would play in this every year that may not be on here. If you have any conact details for them or are in contact with them, then please feel free to make them aware that the golf day is happening.

If you have any questions or would like to confirm places then please feel free to conatct myself by emailing me on mlangridge@live.co.uk, calling on 07900 920462 or by messaging myself on here. If you are wanting to confirm places, then please send me all names in your team, contact numbers for all and addresses.

Thanks
Mike

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Nice one Mike.

Mods, can this be made a sticky to save us keep bouncing it please?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Well done Mike. The defending Champions will of course be returning to this fabulous event. (I still can't believe I blagged my way on to the winning team)

If anyone is thinking sixty quid is a lot of cash, you need to know it is fantastic value.
  1. Bacon Rolls and coffee when you turn up
  2. All day golf with your mates
  3. Guaranteed sunshine every year
  4. Three course dinner
  5. Top Quality Raffle
  6. Golf team and individual prizes
  7. And its for charity

D

Deleted User X18H

Brighton & Hove News will sponsor a hole . PM me

scooter1

How soon is now?
Well done Mike. The defending Champions will of course be returning to this fabulous event. (I still can't believe I blagged my way on to the winning team)

If anyone is thinking sixty quid is a lot of cash, you need to know it is fantastic value.
  1. Bacon Rolls and coffee when you turn up
  2. All day golf with your mates
  3. Guaranteed sunshine every year
  4. Three course dinner
  5. Top Quality Raffle
  6. Golf team and individual prizes
  7. And its for charity

I hope you've not just put a kiss of death on the weather Nige??

Put me down for a 4 ball Mike, i'll PM you.
Cheers, going to be a great day!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Put me down Mike, I will have to team up with others

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Hi Mike

Just left a voicemail regarding the project I work on with the GB Olympians. Our experience days have now raised over £200K for good causes.

TRACK CYCLING 29TH APRIL EXCLUSIVE SPECIAL OFFER
As discussed, rather annoyingly 16 supposed participants on this day have backed out on their respective charities leaving us holding several already paid for slots. It would be rather encouraging if we didn’t make a loss on this day and help keep the momentum going on these track days that have already netted £125K for good causes. So, having got a slight discount from the Track Providers, and removing the £35 per head we normally get the following applies.

Every Participant you generate for the 29th April we will give an extra £75 per head to REMF.

People can buy places from us on http://ww.jumblebee.co.uk/legacy300 and we will make sure they make an additional matching donation direct to you guys, or they won't get on the track!

Regards
Billy

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Confirmed that big dave and myself will be there, and hopefully kev. I may have another one for a 4 otherwise Dave's mate will take the place.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Hi Mike,

Myself and my Palace supporting Son Dan will come along; as with every other year we'll provide the competition for the wooden spoon place. We'll also make up the other two places to create a four-ball. I'll PM you my details. Good luck and thank you for ensuring this excellent fun day continues.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm sponsoring a hole. I've asked for the sign to say 'Attila's Hole'.
I've also asked Langers to take a picture of my hole so I can see it in all its glory
:)

You smutty so and so. Can it be a par three so I can try and force my ball in atilla's hole with just one shot...it would be good to power the ball and see it disappear in Atilla's hole without touching the sides.

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
You smutty so and so. Can it be a par three so I can try and force my ball in atilla's hole with just one shot...it would be good to power the ball and see it disappear in Atilla's hole without touching the sides.
I will do my best so everyone can be happy when then play on Attilas hole.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I shall probably miss Atilla's hole

By about 40 yards

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I shall probably miss Atilla's hole

By about 40 yards

My handicap is being slashed at the moment. It is now 14! This time last year it was 26. Good job Saturday wasn't a comp as I hit a gross 75!!! My handicap would be massacred to single figures

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
My handicap is being slashed at the moment. It is now 14! This time last year it was 26. Good job Saturday wasn't a comp as I hit a gross 75!!! My handicap would be massacred to single figures
Were loose

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here