Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Secret Footballer - "If I were a youngster, I’d look at Brighton as an ideal club..."

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Kevin Davies and Dave Kitson are the most common names in the frame.

I Don't remember Kevin Davies ever playing at Withdean, however I'm sure a little research would cover how shit the Withdean experiance was.

Fairly interesting comments though. Not sure what you can read into the comment about Ray Bloom, not sure why he would be itching to tell Dave Kitson the goings on at the club, maybe could see it with Kevin Davies.

Dec 29, 2011
"There are people like that in football who are on the periphery, pretending that they are on the inside. They are desperate to tell you that they know everything about everything and everyone knows them, too."

Sums up a few posters on here too

Dec 29, 2011
I Don't remember Kevin Davies ever playing at Withdean, however I'm sure a little research would cover how shit the Withdean experiance was.

Fairly interesting comments though. Not sure what you can read into the comment about Ray Bloom, not sure why he would be itching to tell Dave Kitson the goings on at the club, maybe could see it with Kevin Davies.

To be fair, he never says in the article he played at the Withdean.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
To be fair, he never says in the article he played at the Withdean.

No but he does mention the portacabin changing rooms, which would suggest he has been in them as a player and describing fans as hostile. But like I said easily researched. Much like the beer in the Away end.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I personally believe its Dave Kitson.

However some people have muted it could be Danny Murphy. Which is a good shout - did he ever play at Withdean? With Fulham possibly?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

He played for Southampton in the League Cup game on September 11, 2001. Pitch would certainly have looked like a ploughed field around that time.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I thought that there was no 'secret footballer' and it's a myth that was started and peddled by one of the nationals?

I thought this too - or rather, there are two or three secret footballers whose thoughts are used for the articles.

They're always interesting reads though so whether it's one person or several, it's an approach that works

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I thought this too - or rather, there are two or three secret footballers whose thoughts are used for the articles.

They're always interesting reads though so whether it's one person or several, it's an approach that works

That was my understanding also..........a sort of composite of players. Otherwise the book doesn't make sense.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Two or three make sense to me too.

There's also the Secret Football Journalist.
My money is on [MENTION=12805]Hove[/MENTION] Born and Bred for that.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Two or three make sense to me too.

There's also the Secret Football Journalist.
My money is on [MENTION=12805]Hove[/MENTION] Born and Bred for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here