Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three Thousand, Two Hundred and Eighty Two Miles since we scored away from open play

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Rotherham (452)
Blackburn (566)
Reading (162)
Bolton(538)
Blackpool(596)
Cardiff (380)
Sheff Wed (444)
Millwall (144)

Hats off to the poor souls who during that period have seen us produce one OG and a penalty.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
In other words, we haven't scored a league goal from open play since Hughton took over.
That is the most alarming statistic. Will he make it to Christmas? If that run continues he'll struggle to make October as our manager.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
That's more than Ibiza to the Norfolk broads, back to Ibiza and back to the Norfolk broads.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There has been some debate as to whether that counts as open play. Could we be adding a further 140 or so miles to this list?

Absolutely, and there is also BINFEST POTENTIAL from discussing the definition of open play, which I'm always up for.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Why on earth would anyone travel from Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads ?

See the mice in their million hordes
From Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads.

EDIT: second again :nono: story of my life. Mind you, coming second is sometimes appreciated.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
144 miles to Millwall and back - did you make a detour for a spot of dogging en route ???

Didn't need to given that dogging is deemed to be a leisure activity in Bermondsey.

Got the mileage from Google Maps, and went M23 and M25, as apparently that is the quickest route.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Absolutely, and there is also BINFEST POTENTIAL from discussing the definition of open play, which I'm always up for.

For me if the first contact is direct from a set-piece, then it is NOT open play. Therefore the Ince goal is not from open play but the direct result of a free-kick which means we have to go back the golden age of the Fulham game (sighs wistfully at the happy but dim and distant memory) for our last beautifully crafted open play goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here