Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza - the legend grows

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Very interesting if somewhat nerdy article on the great man in today's "Guardian".

Now rated on hi 5 goals in 5 games as the quickest scorer in the Premiership per minutes played (if you've scored at least 5 goals, that is...)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Very interesting if somewhat nerdy article on the great man in today's "Guardian".

Now rated on hi 5 goals in 5 games as the quickest scorer in the Premiership per minutes played (if you've scored at least 5 goals, that is...)

But some idiot reckoned he wasn't good enough for us... And, of course, it wasn't worth trying to keep Ashley Barnes either.

Last edited:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Yeah but he's only doing it against poor defences like man city and arsenal, bet he couldn't do it against the mighty Rotherham or Millwall......

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah but he's only doing it against poor defences like man city and arsenal, bet he couldn't do it against the mighty Rotherham or Millwall......
Yeah, and he's lazy, gets caught offside too often and didn't clap the fans at Brentford (or wherever). We're SO much better off with Leon Best.

SAC

May 21, 2014

Do you have a link to it?

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
But he has moved on. And he is not coming back. Because of that WE need to move on, and look for young, eager players for the future.
That's true, but you can't blame the Palace fans for coming on here and gloating saying "Look what you could have had!" Shouldn't respond I guess but heigh ho.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
What is this scored you speak of?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Some people must get a bad neck looking backwards all the time, if this, what if that, if only the other. Life must be such a disappointment.

Especially on a thread started by a Palace fan. He must be rubbing his hands with glee with the catch that he has trawled. It's so easy.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That's true, but you can't blame the Palace fans for coming on here and gloating saying "Look what you could have had!" Shouldn't respond I guess but heigh ho.

You can't blame them; although you have to feel that the lives of those that continually post such stuff on here must be desperately empty and sad.

Y Ddraig Goch

Sep 28, 2011
The thing that surprised me about Murray is that from the threads on here, I had expected a surly loner who was anything but a team player. Obviously his goals have been fantastic for us but what I really love about him is the fact he is very much a team player and works his blood off. Warnock did us a massive favour loaning him outgo Reading, one of the few positive things he did. He is bang on top of his game

Also, believe it or not, I was a bit envious when you signed CMS I thought he was a good player and expected more from him.

So two questions. Was Murray as surly as many on here made out?

Is CMS really that bad or is it poor management?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
The thing that surprised me about Murray is that from the threads on here, I had expected a surly loner who was anything but a team player. Obviously his goals have been fantastic for us but what I really love about him is the fact he is very much a team player and works his blood off. Warnock did us a massive favour loaning him outgo Reading, one of the few positive things he did. He is bang on top of his game

Also, believe it or not, I was a bit envious when you signed CMS I thought he was a good player and expected more from him.

What shape would chairs be if your knees bent the other way?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Murray was quiet and shy, and some interpreted this as surly. If you talk to the schools he visited and gave talks and sports sessions with when he was here they would all say that he was great, if a little reserved. He needs managing, and someone to believe in him, and that's what Pardew has done. He put in four transfer requests in his first year with us, although that was as much to do with his personal circumstances as anything else. He's not got a thick skin, like Ashley Cole and John Terry. He was majestic in the season we were promoted, but still had a number of detractors, who mistook his withdrawn nature for moodiness.

As for CMS, we haven't played to his strengths, but his shortcomings have been exposed at this level. When he played for Posh in this division before he managed ten goals, and that's about his limit. In League 1 he looked amazing, but had the benefit of playing for a team that had a gung-ho approach to attack (a bit like B'Muff this season in this division). A lack of height, first touch and ability to hold the ball up (he's best running onto the ball) mean that he wasn't going to do well for us.

You probably thought that Murray was a dud though after his first season with you, and that's why the swap deal with Hoskins coming from us was agreed, only for Hoskins to break his leg in pre-season. Murray is now on £25k a week with you, and Hoskins is slumming it in Oxford United's reserves.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here