Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Consumer help - broken cricket bat

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
After some help from NSC faithfull.

I bought a Gray Nicolls Powerbow Gen X Strike less than a year ago (June 14 to be precise) from an online company MilletSports. It is still fairly new and has been used probably on less than 20 occasions in all at low level cricket (low pace balls ect).

In only its second time out in the nets this year hitting a leg drive off my brothers low pace off-spin a large chunk (about the size of an iPhone 5) has broken of the legside-toe section.

My question is being less than a year old do I have any rights ect to get a refund / exchange from either the seller or manufacturer?

Help appriciated

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I know a few people who've taken bats back to the Newbury shop and Wisdom Sports and been given a replacement because it was seen as a manufacturing issue or just a bad piece of willow. These were quite expensive (£200 - £300) bats though so you can understand they should be expected to handle a fair bit of use.

I think you may struggle though, buying it online and the fact that it's not a very expensive bat (although it's still a lot of money). It's worth asking Millet Sports though, you might at least get a discount.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here