Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Bournemouth TV dilemma, help needed

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So I've only gone and bloody ended up double booking myself for Friday night, forgetting the game had been moved for telly. :facepalm:

I have a Sky Go account (but not a Sky+ box, before anyone asks why I don't simply record it...), does anyone know how long it'll take for the game to show up on there on catch up? I was hoping to avoid any texts/results and watch it later that evening.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I learnt from a football podcast recently that your proposed act is commonly know as: 'Doing a Likely Lads' after the famous episode of the hit 1960s sitcom where they try and get through a whole day without finding out about the result between England v Bulgaria.

This doesn't help you but it was the first that I had ever heard of it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just look up the score when the game is over and (probably) save yourself the disappointment of watching a complete tonking by the promotion bound small team down the road that is apparently well within FFP and arguably better than us in every position on the pitch and in the dugout.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I learnt from a football podcast recently that your proposed act is commonly know as: 'Doing a Likely Lads' after the famous episode of the hit 1960s sitcom where they try and get through a whole day without finding out about the result between England v Bulgaria.

This doesn't help you but it was the first that I had ever heard of it.

England w………..

(a joke for the old duffers who saw the episode)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
What [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] said.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just look up the score when the game is over and (probably) save yourself the disappointment of watching a complete tonking by the promotion bound small team down the road that is apparently well within FFP and arguably better than us in every position on the pitch and in the dugout.

To be fair Bournemouth see Friday's game as a cup final for them.

So I've only gone and bloody ended up double booking myself for Friday night, forgetting the game had been moved for telly. :facepalm:

I have a Sky Go account (but not a Sky+ box, before anyone asks why I don't simply record it...), does anyone know how long it'll take for the game to show up on there on catch up? I was hoping to avoid any texts/results and watch it later that evening.

Fickle or what!:facepalm:

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I feel your pain. My boss has just scheduled a conference call for 1800-1900 on Friday, which would leave me no time to get the game.

My previous boss, was an Albion fan, so there would have been NO way a stunt like this would have been pulled.

I've got a Youview box, so could do an upgrade to sky, but a stroll down to my local my be a better/cheaper option.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Probably better NOT to watch it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Got to the game. Simple answer

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Probably better NOT to watch it.

Agreed. I forgot it had been moved to Friday and we arranged a friday night meal with some friends.

I will monitor via phone but will miss 1st game for ages via player.
Maybe a good thing though!

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I feel your pain. My boss has just scheduled a conference call for 1800-1900 on Friday, which would leave me no time to get the game.

Seriously? What kind of arsehat organise a conference call at that time on a Friday evening. Can't you try explaining to him that while he may have no life, most people do.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Dilemma for me too, Bath Rugby playing Newcastle Falcons live on BT Sport.

Actually, pretty simple, watch the game where I think my team will win, and flick over and watch the footie during the injury breaks!!!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Surely your phone will work near the ground. It's many years since you've needed to be tethered to the wall to take part in a conference call. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here