Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Apologies if I missed this over the past couple of days, but is he injured? He certainly isn't the most dynamic central midfielder but with our strikers who seemingly can't score for toffee and our centre back being our top scorer surely he should be playing for his set piece ability alone? Stephens was woeful in all aspects, especially set piece delivery on Monday and Bennett taking some of them smacked of desperation (although he did take a few decent ones second half).

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I'd imagine we're looking to ship him out in the Summer as part of a mass clear out. Wouldn't want him getting injured and being lumbered with him for another season.

Another Burke disappointment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very slow and overweight and most of his set pieces are not as good as the pre signing hype. Another disappointment, I hope he is offloaded in the summer. In fact I'd like to see more than half the squad shipped out or released, not gonna happen though is it?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Tis a shame he hasn't been as smooth and spectacular as I'd hoped. Pace, or at least speed out of the blocks, seems vital in this division, and we've been without it in the centre of the park. One misplaced pass between Holla and JFC has them both lost and incapable of recovering purely thanks to their slowness. I'm sorry that a smidgen of class on its own doesn't tell, pace and power winning out, but this is where we are. With other signings there could be space for one slowboat, but not for two.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
qww.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd imagine we're looking to ship him out in the Summer as part of a mass clear out. Wouldn't want him getting injured and being lumbered with him for another season.

Another Burke disappointment.

I'm fairly sure that I heard Warren Aspinall say that he scouted him.
He has had some good games but he's not consistent enough.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Very slow and overweight and most of his set pieces are not as good as the pre signing hype. Another disappointment, I hope he is offloaded in the summer. In fact I'd like to see more than half the squad shipped out or released, not gonna happen though is it?

Mind you Stephens sounded like he was pretty dire with his set pieces on Monday. The trouble is with most of our squad is that we never know who will turn up on the day. It’s a bit hit and miss with all of them :shrug:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Mind you Stephens sounded like he was pretty dire with his set pieces on Monday. The trouble is with most of our squad is that we never know who will turn up on the day. It’s a bit hit and miss with all of them :shrug:

Didn't look the best against Norwich either still needs to get his sharpness back.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Holla and Kemy are the 2 central midfielders I would be looking to move on over the summer.

Kayal, Ince, Stephens, JFC and Crofts plus 1 replacement should be ample in that area.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Didn't look the best against Norwich either still needs to get his sharpness back.

I thought he was very good against Norwich. Will be very important for us next season with a free run from injuries and a pre season.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Although free kicks and corners isn't down to sharpness, its more down to quality or lack of. The frustration from the radio commentary on his set pieces couldn't be contained, and it was described as something you shouldn't expect at this level.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

It's really hard to say. Shipping out half the squad is probably not realistic, or in truth, the best way forward either.

I'm convinced some of our under-performers can perform at a much higher level with better fitness and a bit of confidence. I'm talking about players like COG, Baldock, JFC, Crofts and KLL. Hopefully he'll ship out those who are simply not up to it for the wages they command (Kemy, Holla, CMS and Best). And then we do need major surgery: identify key targets early on and perhaps pay a little bit more than market rate to secure them, and then build a team around this nucleus, with a properly planned pre-season.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Must admit I think Stephens is a bit overrated and Holla is underrated. I honestly wouldn't say that there is too much between the two of them

Really ?

I cant think of one thing Holla is better at than Stephens

Stephens is faster, more mobile, gets around the pitch, a better tackler, drives forward, better in the air, will score more goals, his passing is good short or long, and has some tricks when required,a proper box to box midfielder at this level in my opinion.

As you can tell i don't agree with you ;-)

Holla has been a huge dissapointment in my opinion, I would not be unhappy for him to stick around as back up for Ince, Kayal and Stephens as our central 3. But with Crofts and JFC already on board, I really cant see him being involved.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Really ?

I cant think of one thing Holla is better at than Stephens

Stephens is faster, more mobile, gets around the pitch, a better tackler, drives forward, better in the air, will score more goals, his passing is good short or long, and has some tricks when required,a proper box to box midfielder at this level in my opinion.

As you can tell i don't agree with you ;-)

Holla has been a huge dissapointment in my opinion, I would not be unhappy for him to stick around as back up for Ince, Kayal and Stephens as our central 3. But with Crofts and JFC already on board, I really cant see him being involved.

Cant disagree with any of this. Plus Stephens is still working his way back.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Hhhmm....I wonder how assists Holla has claimed from Lewis Dunk's goals?

Will be interesting to see how much of a transfer fee Holla we could claim in the summer? I would have a guess at £200k.
Considering Stephens was purchased at £350k and two years younger than Holla.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The odd thing about Holla, to me at least, is everything about him seems better than it actual is.

He's clearly got the skillz, he can't half kick a ball, he can tackle, his dead ball play is better than many we've had here.

Yet as if he's the entire teams season in microcosm, the sum of the parts just aren't adding up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here