Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good Cheapish food near the British Museum

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Oh mighty sage that is nsc. Where is a good area to find reasonable priced food suitable for me and the kids within a reasonable distance of the British Museum ( Bloomsbury) . The more exotic the better.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Outside the School of Oriental and African Studies which is a walk from the British Museum every lunchtime the Hare Krishna come with free vegetarian curry and naan for the students. Pretty exotic :D

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Outside the School of Oriental and African Studies which is a walk from the British Museum every lunchtime the Hare Krishna come with free vegetarian curry and naan for the students. Pretty exotic :D

I suppose anything not deep fried is exotic in Croydon.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
I suppose anything not deep fried is exotic in Croydon.

Thank God I don't live in Croydon then! Little bit hypocritical someone from Brighton talking about fried foods given that you're the home of fried fish & chips no?
You wanted exotic, its exotic. You wanted cheap. its free. You wanted it close to British Museum its a 2 minutes walk away. Stop complaining :)

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Alternatively, go to Euston and there's a pub called the Brie Louise. It's a CAMRA pub, stocked full of great Ales & Ciders and it does the best pies I've ever tasted. It's not exotic but at least I'm trying to help.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thank God I don't live in Croydon then! Little bit hypocritical someone from Brighton talking about fried foods given that you're the home of fried fish & chips no?

Since when was Brighton the home of fish & chips?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
You wanted exotic, its exotic. You wanted cheap. its free. You wanted it close to British Museum its a 2 minutes walk away. Stop complaining :)

I dont live in Brighton. Vegetable curry isn't exotic.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
I dont live in Brighton. Vegetable curry isn't exotic.

You've obviously never tasted the vegetable curry given out by the Hare Krishnas outside of SOAS then have you? ;)

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Last one http://hareandtortoise.co.uk/bloomsbury# It's a pan Asian in the Brunswick Centre, which again is only roughly 5 or 10 minutes from the British Museum on foot. It might not be what you consider exotic but whilst I was at the IOE it was a god send. Take or leave my suggestions but no need to be a right tosser when someone's trying to help despite their football affiliations.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Oh mighty sage that is nsc. Where is a good area to find reasonable priced food suitable for me and the kids within a reasonable distance of the British Museum ( Bloomsbury) . The more exotic the better.

The Rainforest Cafe is pretty exotic and is reasonably close by, in Shaftesbury Avenue. The kids would love it!

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I know the area - worked there for 20 years and still visit very often...

My advice...........Gigg's fish and chips........large portions and good value: Just at the
back of Goodge street......can't be beaten.

http://www.gigsfishandchips.com/

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Well I wouldn't have any kids ………………. sorry, that's no help is it?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here