Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Good Cheapish food near the British Museum

0 Not allowed!
    Oh mighty sage that is nsc. Where is a good area to find reasonable priced food suitable for me and the kids within a reasonable distance of the British Museum ( Bloomsbury) . The more exotic the better.
    I trust no one, not even myself

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Outside the School of Oriental and African Studies which is a walk from the British Museum every lunchtime the Hare Krishna come with free vegetarian curry and naan for the students. Pretty exotic
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This is true but having had the worst ground in the land we are now coming across as some jumped up irritating nouveau riche neighbours who won the lottery, and moved from their nasty rented accommodation into the posh area and are now trying to lord it

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by COYP View Post
      Outside the School of Oriental and African Studies which is a walk from the British Museum every lunchtime the Hare Krishna come with free vegetarian curry and naan for the students. Pretty exotic
      I suppose anything not deep fried is exotic in Croydon.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Voroshilov View Post
      I suppose anything not deep fried is exotic in Croydon.
      Thank God I don't live in Croydon then! Little bit hypocritical someone from Brighton talking about fried foods given that you're the home of fried fish & chips no?
      You wanted exotic, its exotic. You wanted cheap. its free. You wanted it close to British Museum its a 2 minutes walk away. Stop complaining
      This is true but having had the worst ground in the land we are now coming across as some jumped up irritating nouveau riche neighbours who won the lottery, and moved from their nasty rented accommodation into the posh area and are now trying to lord it
      The Legend of Gary Nelson Indurain's Lungs's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Alternatively, go to Euston and there's a pub called the Brie Louise. It's a CAMRA pub, stocked full of great Ales & Ciders and it does the best pies I've ever tasted. It's not exotic but at least I'm trying to help.

0 Not allowed!
      Thank God I don't live in Croydon then! Little bit hypocritical someone from Brighton talking about fried foods given that you're the home of fried fish & chips no?
      Since when was Brighton the home of fish & chips?
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

0 Not allowed!
      You wanted exotic, its exotic. You wanted cheap. its free. You wanted it close to British Museum its a 2 minutes walk away. Stop complaining
      I dont live in Brighton. Vegetable curry isn't exotic.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Voroshilov View Post
      I dont live in Brighton. Vegetable curry isn't exotic.
      You've obviously never tasted the vegetable curry given out by the Hare Krishnas outside of SOAS then have you? ;)

1 Not allowed!
      Last one http://hareandtortoise.co.uk/bloomsbury# It's a pan Asian in the Brunswick Centre, which again is only roughly 5 or 10 minutes from the British Museum on foot. It might not be what you consider exotic but whilst I was at the IOE it was a god send. Take or leave my suggestions but no need to be a right tosser when someone's trying to help despite their football affiliations.