Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"The one thing I’ve got is a good group of lads that want to work hard"

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Or any indication of how much free beer we get if his guarantee doesn't come true.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
'We were poor in possession and our choices of ball were poor. There was no lack of desire'

That's pretty much what I saw at Rotherham.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Sounds too much like 'arry for my liking, just substitute "good" with "triffic" and it would be exactly what he'd say :nono:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He's hardly going to say "they're a bunch of c*nts" is he.
The problem is that the players were on their holidays already at Rotherham.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Come on. This is the poorest Albion team for several years now. They probably are trying hard. They could be a good bunch of lads. They just lack in ability at this level, and we've been very lucky in finding several teams even worse than us. We all have opinions on the reasons for this, and we all hope that next season will be better. That's an odd thing for a football fan to want, eh?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
'We were poor in possession and our choices of ball were poor. There was no lack of desire'

That's pretty much what I saw at Rotherham.

That's the salient quote in the article. He saw how crap we were and they've been told. He just hasn't hung the players out to dry in public, that's our job. Good management imo.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's the salient quote in the article. He saw how crap we were and they've been told. He just hasn't hung the players out to dry in public, that's our job. Good management imo.

Unlike publicly blaming Bennett last week. I thought that was poor management.

We may have a poor team, but they did manage to put 3 past Norwich at Carrow Road, 2 past Bournemouth and Fulham. We could still be playing now and not score against Rotherham.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Unlike publicly blaming Bennett last week. I thought that was poor management.

We may have a poor team, but they did manage to put 3 past Norwich at Carrow Road, 2 past Bournemouth and Fulham. We could still be playing now and not score against Rotherham.

His actual quote was that he was sure Joe would be disappointed with how he got beaten so easily for their goal. Don't think there is anything wrong with that? :shrug:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
He's hardly going to say "they're a bunch of c*nts" is he.
The problem is that the players were on their holidays already at Rotherham.

No I agree, there's definitely a fine balance acknowledging glaring faults and publicly shaming your own team, but the quote from CH contrasts what many on here (and radio reports) have said about the match. Lack of togetherness and desire were two of the biggest problems with the performance.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Most of the loanees we've had this season certainly haven't given the impression that they've worked hard.

Don't want to see any more than two loans next season and that has got to be two from a premiership club either a youngster like Tex or older pro in the Upson mold. We have had too many mediocre loans that haven't been good enough to play. If you have loans they have got to be good enough to play every week or they are a waste of money.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Don't want to see any more than two loans next season and that has got to be two from a premiership club either a youngster like Tex or older pro in the Upson mold. We have had too many mediocre loans that haven't been good enough to play. If you have loans they have got to be good enough to play every week or they are a waste of money.

This, with bells on. Time to invest in OUR squad. Not some other club's future.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

Totally agree. It's no coincidence that when we were successful, we had occasional loan signings to supplement the squad whereas the seasons we've struggled have invariably been the ones when we've signed loads of loanees. Also, Derby have struggled since making a lot of loan signings in January. On the other hand, I believe Bournemouth only have two loanees which is why they've had a settled squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here