Another Police shooting in the U.S.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The officer feared for his life.

abc_walter_scott_michael_slager_video_bug2_02_jc_150407_16x9_992.jpg

Charged with murder thankfully.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Thankfully someone filmed that or maybe there would of been a cover up. Far too ready to use his gun. The guy running away was clearly not an athlete and if chased could've been caught quite easily.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The US obsession with guns is something which I have never understood. It doesn't take many trigger happy cops to cause a problem and thee are too many..

Every NYPD has a gun which I still find quite intimidating. And don't tell me there isn't still racism.......

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
It is hard to believe. Brave of the man who filmed it to keep filming, also can't understand why one of the policemen didn't notice they were being filmed in the act of murdering a suspect and setting him up.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Terrible. It even shows the officer seemingly planting a weapon next to the wounded victim rather than trying to help him.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The US obsession with guns is something which I have never understood.

Unfortunately it's been written into the DNA of the country by including the right to firearms in the bill of rights. The founding fathers only included that as they kept being attacked by the British so its place in today's world is archaic at best.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It is hard to believe. Brave of the man who filmed it to keep filming, also can't understand why one of the policemen didn't notice they were being filmed in the act of murdering a suspect and setting him up.

No, it's the police officer who was BRAVE, look at how the black man is CLEARLY threatening his life, the officer is so lucky to be alive.*

* Is probably what the defence will be.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
There is no alibi. Even if he had grabbed the taser, he is running away. If he had to shoot him, why not disable him with a shot to the legs ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There is no alibi. Even if he had grabbed the taser, he is running away. If he had to shoot him, why not disable him with a shot to the legs ?
You can shoot to kill if you believe the assailant presents a danger to others. Clearly not as he was unarmed. The cop didn't bank on someone filming the whole thing and catching him making the plant.

Horrible and I wouldn't want to be in that state when protests erupt.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's chilling that the policeman really doesn't give a shit. He's fired 8 shots, knows he has hit him several times and all he's interested in is getting handcuffs on. They do nothing to try to save his life. All in a day's work.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Unfortunately it's been written into the DNA of the country by including the right to firearms in the bill of rights. The founding fathers only included that as they kept being attacked by the British so its place in today's world is archaic at best.
The Bill of Rights incudes the right to organise militia for your defence. This has been interpreted by the gun lobby as the right of everybody to bear arms.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The murderous scumbag has been charged but - even with evidence like that - don't count on him necessarily being found guilty.

There's a weird, blinkered doe-eyed adoration from many members of the public for an over-macho, unnecessarily nasty police force over there that I simply don't get in a million years. It's bad news.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here