Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relegation run-in predictions

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Apologies if this has already been done, but the below run-ins for Millwall, Wigan and us show that we are all but safe this season.

Millwall: Total predicted points finish 43 (36 + 7)

H: Watford 0
H: Wigan 1
A: Cardiff 3
A: Blackburn 3
H: Derby 0
A: Wolves 0

Wigan: Total predicted points finish 40 (35 + 5)

A: Fulham 0
A: Millwall 1
H: Brighton 3
H: Wolves 1
A: Brentford 0

Brighton Total predicted points finish 48 (45 + 3)

H: B'muff 0
H: Huddersfield 3
A: Wigan 0
H: Watford 0
A: Boro 0

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wigan I don't see as a threat - they'd have to win 4 out of 5 (including us), or win 3 (including us) and draw the other two. Even if they get Mourinho on a loan deal from Chelski I can't see that happening.
Millwall more dangerous - but they'd still need 3 wins and a draw out of six, which is way beyond the level they've been all season.
We've got to play 3 of the top 4, so not much to expect from there - however, we do seem to play better against the top teams, so wouldn't be surprised if we pick up an unlikely point somewhere from those. Although our record against teams in and around the bottom is atrocious, I can still see us picking up a point or 3 from Wigan and Huddersfield.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Wigan are something of an enigma. I think they are capable of winning the next 3 but wouldn't be surprised if they lost all 3.

48 points will definitely do us and surely we're good enough for that?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Wigan are something of an enigma. I think they are capable of winning the next 3 but wouldn't be surprised if they lost all 3.

48 points will definitely do us and surely we're good enough for that?

Hudds at home, with them having nothing to play for, seems most likely win. However, as with the Ipswich and Derby games, they'll probably surprise us by getting a win against Bournmouth or Watford.

Although, I still think 45 points is enough with our GD. I can't see Millwall getting 10 from 6, and Wigan won't get 11 from 5 - both have tough run ins.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Blimey Wigan have some winable games on paper there...... Can't see it but you never know with a new manager. They have the players.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hudds at home, with them having nothing to play for, seems most likely win. However, as with the Ipswich and Derby games, they'll probably surprise us by getting a win against Bournmouth or Watford.

Although, I still think 45 points is enough with our GD. I can't see Millwall getting 10 from 6, and Wigan won't get 11 from 5 - both have tough run ins.

Out of all the games this is the one i fear most

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Blimey Wigan have some winable games on paper there...... Can't see it but you never know with a new manager. They have the players.

Well if they win the first 2 then that keeps those teams in trouble...ignoring the one against us the final 2 are against teams involved in the play offs ..of course by then that could have changed.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I feared the potential results of the home games against Ipswich, Derby and even Leeds with the run they were on at the time!

Funny that i was fairly comfy...Ipswich and Derby's form was indifferent and we at least manage a draw at home against Leeds...but as you say its how you feel...i'd rather you were right on friday! :)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Funny that i was fairly comfy...Ipswich and Derby's form was indifferent and we at least manage a draw at home against Leeds...but as you say its how you feel...i'd rather you were right on friday! :)

I predict I'll be thrown out at least one more time---followed soon after by the wrong-un:wink:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Sorry to say that I do predict another loss: our first 3 match losing streak since April 2012 when West Ham beat us 6-0 - shit.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Feeling a lot more confident seeing this.
They play each other and have games against teams challenging at the right end of the table, who are likely to be in the mix, coupled with us having to lose our remaining games (this is the believable bit!).

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Wigan with a new manager could do OK. Rotherham on the other hand are rubbish and will beat no decent team - oh, hang on a minute

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It has happened before that a team has had a winning run of the last 3-4 games to avoid relegation.

Let's not be the victims of such a run.

We need another win to be almost sure of safety, and we possibly need to look to the Huddersfield match for this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here