Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

#GE2015 Viewing Choices

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Is anyone else of a mind to do what I do when viewing the General Election, which is adopt a no alcohol approach to the evening and early morning viewing? I sit up until around 7- 8 a.m. and then kip most of Friday! Plays havoc with the weekend but does allow for a early doors pint on Friday afternoon! Has to be BBC, of course, and is always viewed with a selection of savoury snacks!

How do you view yours?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Memories of a drinking game involving the swingometer whilst at a uni days GE

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
My plan is to go to bed around 5pm on Election Day and get up around 10pm to see me through the night and then as long as I last on the Friday morning!

I'm teetotal so alcohol is not in my equation. :D

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I imagine I'll watch an hour of it, get bored and go to bed. I'll then wake up on Friday morning and they'll be no closer to telling me who will form the next government :shrug:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Go to bed as normal and ignore the whole event. Catch up after work Friday.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Go to bed as normal and ignore the whole event. Catch up after work Friday.

Exactly this, I shall do absolutely anything I can to avoid seeing anything to do with it till a news bulletin at some point the following day. I can think of nothing less that I'd want to do than watch a single second of any TV "coverage".

Let the people decide, once they have decided, let the people know who the people have decided on. Anything else is just worthless data.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My plan is to go to bed around 5pm on Election Day and get up around 10pm to see me through the night and then as long as I last on the Friday morning!

I'm teetotal so alcohol is not in my equation. :D

Good point, forgot to mention my early eve snooze as a part of my build up!

Made more interesting now we have twitter to keep pace with too!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Stay up to see as much as we can of the programme from 10pm onwards certainly until the results start coming in and there seem to be some sensible ideas as to how it willall turn out.

And then radio on first thing in the morning/checking phones/ipads/internet etc as soon as we wake up in the morning, getting ready for work.

There is something gloriously fascinating about watching the efforts of C-list politicians to engage each other in conversation at 4am. They've all been up for 22 hours and have suddenly realised that there is no point in continuing the whiney squabbling that has preoccupied them for the previous six weeks. All sorts of indiscretions slip out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here