Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are We On Holiday?

el punal

We, as fans, might not be but I just wonder if the team have already got their flip-flops on. This based on the fact that we've got a nine point cushion (at the moment!).

I think back to January, February and early March when the team battled tooth and nail to gain points to climb their way out of the bottom three. Think of those stirring games - Fulham (ok late Dec.), Ipswich, Leeds and Derby, in which the Albion showed desire, commitment, passion and no little skill to play some sublime, entertaining football.

Now, in recent weeks, the fare is very much turgid, grind out a result games, especially away. The last two home games (Wolves and Norwich) our "attack" has been so pedestrian that it reminded me of seniors walking football.

I was really hoping that when Chris Hughton arrived that he would ensure that we escaped relegation, took us up the table to safety and finish with momentum and a flourish into next season. Instead, we are still looking over our shoulder, and, as for the momentum and a flourish - fat chance.

I sincerely hope, as with all Albion fans, it is a case of just limping to the end of the season safely and rebuilding positively in the summer for 2015/16. It had better be.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Players and fans alike it seems we are all 'limping towards' the end of a particularly uneventful and drab season.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
No. We're just not very good. Players like Lewis Dunk and Bennett are too prone to error against anyone half decent. We have no pace or power in the team, passing is slow and our lack of goal threat means we're struggling to beat better sides currently.

Hughton doesn't know the answer hence the constant changes and weird subs. Hope he works it out in the summer.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I heard that they are looking to get an extended break and will be playing a series of friendly matches against the hoteliers association. I expect they can find one or two waiters who would put in a more honest shift than many who have had the privilege to don an Albion shirt this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe Hughton is on holiday too, having given up on the dross and is busy compiling the list of replacements, which will be pared down to his eighth choice due to financial constraints. If he's lucky and willing to wait until early September for his new signings.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I've been told I've got 2 left feet

So I've got flip flips

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I am in Sharm at the moment 9:30 at night and still in the 30s. Haven't missed much since being here, 2 games lost and I will still be here when we play Bournemouth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here