Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones could be our saviour.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The four points that NJ gained whilst in temporary charge, could be decisive in ensuring that we stay up. We may only gain one more point this season ( possibly Huddrsfld at home ).
46 points may be enough. 42 would have been very tight.
Just a thought.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The team looked more motivated under Nathan Jones than any other manager I've seen.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The team looked more motivated under Nathan Jones than any other manage I've seen.

Agree with this. Whatever Hewton is doing in the motivation stakes it ain't working and its got to be down to him if the team doesn't want it as much as teams like Rotherham, as apparently was the case on Monday.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Went back to the same old shite team against Reading and got lucky after a decent away performance but then again most teams win at Fulham.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
The four points that NJ gained whilst in temporary charge, could be decisive in ensuring that we stay up. We may only gain one more point this season ( possibly Huddrsfld at home ).
46 points may be enough. 42 would have been very tight.
Just a thought.

Sami didn't accumulate many points but maybe the ones he did achieve as manager are the difference between staying up and going down........same argument

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sami has kept us up due to the huge goal difference advantage.

Imagine the mess we'd be in without him.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Sami didn't accumulate many points but maybe the ones he did achieve as manager are the difference between staying up and going down........same argument

...but not a very good argument because even the worst manager in the world is going to pick up a few points here and there. Nathan Jones snapped us out of a malaise and that was his achievement. He thought radically in bringing back O'Grady for a second chance and got the best out of him too.

It's much much too early to judge Chris Hughton but he's a journeyman manager and a part of me always wanted the hard-working, fully-committed, deep-thinking Nathan Jones to land the job with the background support of an experienced ex-manager in the twilight of his career.

The club's diabolical handling of the manager situation over the previous two years meant that was never going to happen. Understandably, they wanted safety net of experience and a good contact book and that's probably what they've got.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Went back to the same old shite team against Reading and got lucky after a decent away performance but then again most teams win at Fulham.

Wrong way round mate, Reading was NJ's first game in charge.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I would have NJ back in right now.

Having said that I know that this is neither the squad, nor series of fixtures to properly judge Hughton, and am also aware that he needs to be given a fair whack.

Basically I'm saying I'm confused as I'm desperately trying to convince myself that I haven't made up my mind about Ch when in all probability I probably have.

No I don't think so - my own feeling is that Hughton has been partially experimenting in terms of looking closely at some 50-50 players who he is deciding whether to keep or not. We will stay up by a margin of 10 points or so, not by 4 - the bottom 3 are really poor.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Its a funny old game, All 3 managers/caretaker have been responsible for getting us where we are. People are quick to judge a manager who had the job of keeping us up this season, the half empty glass brigade still seem to be prepared to think that we will somehow be relegated this season and that the teams below us will some how win most of their remaining games. If you really think that then I suggest you get down the bookies and make some money, we are somewhere around the 33/1 mark to get relegated as opposed to Millwall and Wigan who are both at least 1/10 on. Go and put a £50 quid on, at least you could have a holiday on the winnings while telling everyone, I told you so.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
No I don't think so - my own feeling is that Hughton has been partially experimenting in terms of looking closely at some 50-50 players who he is deciding whether to keep or not. We will stay up by a margin of 10 points or so, not by 4 - the bottom 3 are really poor.

I agree, I think he wants to have a good look at who he wants and who will be moved on during the summer.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think Jones will be looking for a new job in the summer, I am certain that CH will want to complete his own team, that means NJ and maybe half the 1st team squad will be off to pastures new.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think Jones will be looking for a new job in the summer, I am certain that CH will want to complete his own team, that means NJ and maybe half the 1st team squad will be off to pastures new.

Nathan will still be there next year I think, although I wonder why he still runs around speaking Spanish to anyone who will converse with him in Spanish after the matches is beyond me. Someone needs to tell him that Gus and oscar have left the club. Spanish isn't a pre-requisite any more

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would hope he still has a large part to play in day to day training as his match day contribution has gone down since calderwood turned up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here