Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Distinct lack of 'stop moaning' threads

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Usually after we've lost a few games and people are letting off a bit of steam somebody will start a thread along the lines of "Let's have a reality check here!" The poster will then list everything that we already know, i.e. that we're playing in our own lovely stadium instead of at a rented athletics track, and that we're in the 2nd tier, which is not our traditional division. They will also mention that we now have a great owner as opposed to Archer and Bellotti, and that we were once 20 minutes away from going out of the league and probably going bust. The post ends with the traditional exhortation to 'stop moaning',

Haven't seen any threads like that recently. Have people finally realised that we can't use 1997 as a frame of reference for absolutely everything?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I think most of us are just relieved that we're safe. We now await a decent squad rebuild in the summer. It's almost like the season has ended already.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Usually after we've lost a few games and people are letting off a bit of steam somebody will start a thread along the lines of "Let's have a reality check here!" The poster will then list everything that we already know, i.e. that we're playing in our own lovely stadium instead of at a rented athletics track, and that we're in the 2nd tier, which is not our traditional division. They will also mention that we now have a great owner as opposed to Archer and Bellotti, and that we were once 20 minutes away from going out of the league and probably going bust. The post ends with the traditional exhortation to 'stop moaning',

Haven't seen any threads like that recently. Have people finally realised that we can't use 1997 as a frame of reference for absolutely everything?

Let's have a reality check here! We're playing in our own lovely stadium instead of at a rented athletics track, and we're in the 2nd tier, which is not our traditional division. I also mention that we now have a great owner as opposed to Archer and Bellotti, and we were once 20 minutes away from going out of the league and probably going bust.

Stop moaning about the fact that there are fewer stop moaning posts.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe the stop moaning gang realise that we still need a few points, and it's not clear where we'll get any ? ???

( we are not guaranteed to beat Huddersfield ).

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Let's have a reality check here! We're playing in our own lovely stadium instead of at a rented athletics track, and we're in the 2nd tier, which is not our traditional division. I also mention that we now have a great owner as opposed to Archer and Bellotti, and we were once 20 minutes away from going out of the league and probably going bust.

Stop moaning about the fact that there are fewer stop moaning posts.

How the hell have you managed to reflect so magnificently without using the word 'perspective' in your post? :D

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
In fairness yesterday was just dire so it's perfectly acceptable to have a bit of a moan after it. My glasses are more blue and white tinted than most, but even I was infuriated by that turgid heap of crap yesterday.

I am amazed that Hughton has got this team 10 points clear of relegation with absolutely no forward line whatsoever. It is quite remarkable, he has absolutely NOTHING to work with O'Grady, CMS and Best all offer bugger all in terms of goal threat, we are essentially playing every game with 10 men. What was so frustrating was that Rotherham were absolutely awful too.

This season is a write off and it looks as if we we will stay up by accident. The club will have too address the forward issue in the summer we need a minimum of three new strikers, at least one of them needs to be proven and please can we make sure whoever we get is not a bloody sick note.

I was hacked off at yesterday's shambles, but in a way it merely highlights the urgency of having a productive summer even more to the powers that be. I hope they have taken note.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Have been away from home a week today, in Madrid, and, whilst I enjoy being elsewhere and cooked for daily and tastily by the girlfriend's skilled brother-in-law, I bemoaningly miss two key features of my UK life: the telly, which comforts me through evenings and weekends, and the freedom to honk and pwarp around my own home. I've had to sneak around letting off silent and unglorious little stinkers in bathrooms and outdoors, when, as a vegetarian, I feel it my quorngod-given right to trombone off a set of nostril-burners when I feel like it, eg 31 times a day. Maybe I just don't like secrets. Or perfectly good manners. Am back Thursday night, and my cycle to work on Friday morning will have me pant-warmingly propelled without much pedal work, I quite merrily and freely plot. Bah, for now.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Why did we let Calunga go? At least he seemed to be able to score goals. Is he on loan? Can we bring him back for the rest of the season? Should we play Halford up front?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Thing is, the many desperate-sounding club sycophants on here don't even need their own threads any more. They just squat on other threads in order to bludgeon with sheer tedium.

So you can sack a great manager for no good reason or explanation (presumably because someone simply didn't get on with him), have us finish 5th or 6th from bottom on the pitch, hike the prices up, you name it - and still you end up with some panglossian kiss-ar*e defending the club's every action so desperately as if their life depended on it. "Now apathy is happy that it's won without a fight": Housemartins, Think For A Minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here