Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hi Guys, Rotherham fan here

1988ib

Oct 29, 2005
Just a word to praise your support today. To bring almost 1000 fans on a Bank Holiday was a superb achievement. I met with some BHA fans outside the ground & a more pleasant friendly bunch I could not have found, but TBH you didn't have much to beat, seeing as our recent opponents at home have included Sheff Wed & Millwall. I'd be interested in what your fans thought about our new (ish) stadium, obviously not as big & impressive as the AMEX but still.
Good competitive game & a welcome 3 points for us, but we needed the points far more than yous eh?
Looking forward to renewing aquaintances next season
All the best;
Ian:thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Thought the stadium was very good, stewards friendly too.

You deserved to win, just glad you had sold Alex Revell as he would have added a couple extra to the total today.

New ground helped swell the ranks today, but it was a fair turnout given our away performances in 2015.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I liked your ground; easy to walk to from the station, decent view, friendly stewards (the ones I dealt with were), and you've done well to build a ground that's right for your current level of support - presumably it can be expanded if you make progress. Only slight criticism is that the away end concourse is very tight. It didn't matter with 1000 of us there, but if you get a full turnout, which you presumably do for the Yorkshire clubs plus Forest and Derby it would get quite uncomfortable - do they let people out at half time as they do at Derby?

As for the game, I thought it was two poor sides today*, but yours wanted it more. They were first to the tackle and never let us play, always having two or more players round any of ours that got the ball, apart from the one chance that Kayal had and messed up. Quality finish by Derbyshire, but the cross should never have come in in the first place. You may have left it too late, but if you battle like that you might just make it. As for us, unless we buck our ideas up soon I can see us barely getting another point, which will let you and Millwall off the hook.

* Apart from Derbyshire, whom I wish we could have persuaded to sign for us when we were in for him, and your Number 33, who I thought was a class above nearly everyone else on the pitch.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Inside is good, the outside is still very much the feel of a building site though, even the players entrance was just into a unfinished area.

Bet you can't wait until the roads are finished.

Sounded like you thought the ref was a **** as well still cannot believe he couldn't except he was wrong when counting 10 yards with 8 small paces.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Just a word to praise your support today. To bring almost 1000 fans on a Bank Holiday was a superb achievement. I met with some BHA fans outside the ground & a more pleasant friendly bunch I could not have found, but TBH you didn't have much to beat, seeing as our recent opponents at home have included Sheff Wed & Millwall. I'd be interested in what your fans thought about our new (ish) stadium, obviously not as big & impressive as the AMEX but still.
Good competitive game & a welcome 3 points for us, but we needed the points far more than yous eh?
All the best;

10 years from registering to first post. That has got to be a record! :thumbsup:

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Good ground and nice people. Think they missed a trick outside ground, no catering as there is not a lot of pubs and restaurants around.

Disagree re number 33, should have been sent off for constant fouls how the ref (who was quite simply appalling- did you see the fat 'coach driver' Evans hug the ref at the end ?) did not book him, but booked Ince for his one foul. But yeah we were again awful up front. Rotherham although a poor side wanted it more than us and deserved the win. God we
Need a striker or 2.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I thought the New York Stadium was just terrific. Really like the steep stands. Just goes to show that even the smallest of grounds can be designed well.

Despite the result yesterday confirmed that Rotherham is one of the more pleasant away trips. I've always found it to be a friendly place, and a proper football club with decent supporters.

Really hope the Millers stay up and we can revisit The New York again next year.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
tumblr_lm1bdapqE71qj08n4o1_500.png

:thumbsup:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

All the best;

Will the Rotherham fans stick with Evans?

(FYI my own bias is that he did a great job in Sussex)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Performance/result aside, I liked the trip very much. Alright, Rotherham's not the most glamorous or delightful town, but it's one of those honest sort of places, and I was mightily impressed by just how many people I saw walking around the town centre in red shirts. It's good to see a football club bring a bit of pride back to a place that's had some fairly negative publicity and economic times over the years. I've always got a sneaking admiration for people who support their home town team when they've got bigger neighbours right on the doorstep- it's the same with the likes of Oldham and Rochdale, for example. The NYS struck me as a well designed, attractive ground, and easily an improvement on some of the other smaller new stadiums (Chesterfield, Colchester, Northampton etc). Good that it's in the town centre too and easy to park/walk to from the station.

Sorry about the planks who felt the need to sing "Town full of paedos" briefly. A few of us were playing a quick game of Shit Song Bingo in the pub before the match, and I have to admit, that's one of those that we put on the list that they would wittily come up with. To our surprise, they failed to roll out the expected "Rotherham's a shithole, I wanna go home" and "Your support is ****ing shit" so I guess that's a positive at least.

Anyway, I hope you stay up, I genuinely do, as I'd be more than happy to return next season. If we're still here, of course :-/ Thanks for the hospitality :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here